Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    army_wife_253 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 11:12 PM
    Emergency custody?
    OK I'll try to make this short, my brother, who is 12, met his dad for the first time around christmas because he abused my mom, me, my sister & my other brother(my youngest hadn't been born yet.). He told my mom that after staying there for christmas break he wanted to live with his father, he DIDN'T know that his dad had been abusive to us & had spent time in prison for it. So every time my mom calls they won't let him talk to her. When they finally di let him they stood over his shoulder. We didn't know why until now. My brother used someone's phone to call his friend(he couldn't get ahold of our mom) and told his friend that his dad is kicking the crap out of him until he pee's his pants. My mom is not doing the things she should to get him out of the situation. So I want to know if anyonw can tell me what to do? Can I file for emergency custody of him? I live in Washington state & my brother lives in California(like 800 miles away) my husband is in the military, & I'm a Stay at home mom. Would I have to go to CA to get it? PLEASE MY BROTHER NEEDS ME!! thanks
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2008, 11:34 PM
    What about calling cps?

Apr 9, 2008, 09:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55
    what about calling cps?
    I hadn't thought of that, but my mom talked to his school & the school said that he looked fine on the out side (no visible brusies) so I don't want to call CPS & get them out to where my brother lives, if CPS doesn't take him away then he'll get beat again. And if I do call cps where would he go into foster care?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 9, 2008, 01:13 PM
    First off you really need to find the friend who's phone he used and find out if a parent was around during the conversation. Also call down to CPS and see what they say as to how to handle it. That may give you clues as to what you need to do or if you can take temp custody of your brother rather then foster care.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2008, 04:23 PM
    I've heard that a lot of times CPS will put a child into a relative's care if its available rather then foster care. Maybe try calling anonymously and ask what you should do?

Apr 9, 2008, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3
    First off you really need to find the friend who's phone he used and find out if a parent was around during the conversation. Also call down to CPS and see what they say as to how to handle it. That may give you clues as to what you need to do or if you can take temp custody of your brother rather then foster care.
    I tried calling and taling to my brother around easter and he was at school, so the step mom said that she would have my brother call me when he got home~that never happened~ so I called a few days ago & left a message & no one has returned my call. So there is no way of finding out who was around when he made the call. And I'm goning to call CPS tomorrow anonymously call to see what would happen. I don't want him getting beat anymore nor do I want him in foster care

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get temporary custody or emergency custudy [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I are split up and we are filing for divorce, I currently staying with my mother till I get financially stable again.He took the car and everything.So I'm starting over.We have a 4 yr old daughter together and he took her over the weekend,He called Friday night and then he never...

Emergency custody order due to the mother of my kids doing meth [ 1 Answers ]

I have 5 kids with my ex, we weren't married, she has full custody till I take it to family court. Can't afford a lawyer right now. Their mother is doing meth, I have police reports stating this, and one states that the children were there when their mother came home high on meth, she beat up her...

Emergency temporary custody [ 1 Answers ]

How to long does it take to get emergency temporary custody in Florida

Emergency Custody [ 15 Answers ]

Hi everyone, My husband and I are very frustrated at this point. He has two children with his ex. Her husband is abusive to her and them. This summer her family called us and told us that she planned to move to Virginia with the kids and her husband. Her mother finally convinced her to let her...

What to do. Emergency! [ 1 Answers ]

Hey.. Its this girls b-day and I fought with this girl because she is big headed and she said that she would date me if she doesn't like the guy anymore.. so she is lineing me up.. so basically I got in a fight with her.. so what shall I do now.. how can I get her. shall I be an asshole.. and its...

View more questions Search