Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baressentl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Closing Account vs. Inactive
    I have a Mervyn's department store card and it was one of the first cards I got when I turned 18, I am now 23. The card has longevity and good payment history. However, all Mervyn's stores have closed in my state so that guarantees I will never use this card ever again. So my question is if it is better to just leave this account open since it is one of my oldest accounts but it would be inactive forever, or close the account altogether?
    persainpapaya Posts: 58, Reputation: 21

May 3, 2007, 05:07 PM
    I believe it is better for your credit score to just leave the account open. My sister and brother in law were applying for a home loan... my brother in law closed an inactive credit account and it instantly dropped his credit score. Took a while to get it back to normal after that. Hope this helps. Blessings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Closing a bank account after a jugement lien has been issued [ 16 Answers ]

I am a debtor who had a creditor issue a judgement against me. They put a judgement lien against my 3 bank accounts (at the same bank). Two had nominal money in them & one had a $0 balance. When I woke up this morning I could see the account was at $0 yet my funds available showed the amount of...

Closing a 401k account [ 2 Answers ]

HI. I'm on a Leave of Absence from my place of employment. I need money and the only source I have is my 401k... I took a loan out earlier this year, from the 401k, not knowing I could only have one loan out at a time. So now I feel my only option is to close the account and take whatever is...

View more questions Search