Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Miscellaneous Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2009, 12:38 AM
    To marry in South Africa or Germany
    My fiancé is German and I am South Africa, we are discussing the options/benefits of getting married either in German or South Africa. We will settle in South Africa for a few years then may decised to move later.

Does anyone know what benefits there will be for marrying in either country?
    britEl Posts: 244, Reputation: 35

Aug 24, 2009, 12:58 AM

Why not both? Just have the ceremony and reception in one country. And then get married in the other with another ceremony. Just remember that you won't be legally married until the certificate is signed. I know of a bunch of people who have done this. It's a great way of pleasing everyone...
    Miscellaneous Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2009, 01:10 AM
    We are thinking of Registering in Germany and having the ceremony here in South Africa, just need to know if there are any benefits from Registering in Germany.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Daughter in South Africa [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to get in contact with my daughter in South Africa, but her Dad stopped communication - does anyone know where I can start looking for her?

Travel to South Africa [ 1 Answers ]

Is it ever possinbe to travel to South Africa with a child who is having a Portuguese ID or he will need a passport?

View more questions Search