Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meaganisf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 08:53 AM
    Monitor desktop is upside down
    The desktop on my computer is upside down. I don't know how it happened, could someone tell me how to fix it, PLEASE!!
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 08:57 AM

There are a number of utilities that can do this. ATI, for example, has a control (look in the system tray) that you can cause the image to rotate. Rotation is often done with rotatable monitors.

Right-click on the desktop and select Properties. Click the Settings tab. In the middle of the page there will be a box labeled Display:. Write what it says there and post it. Also, click on the Advanced button, near the bottom, and tell us what it says there. More than likely, this is the area that will be used to correct the problem. Look for a "Rotation" tab in there. It may be as simple as clicking a button under that.

Post back with your information. (Sorry that you have to look "upside down").
    Helljack6 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Apr 30, 2009, 09:02 AM

NVidia chipsets are also capable of doing this as well but you have to use the vendor software to chage the monitor settings, not the internal windows desktop settings.

Other wise you could just flip your whole monitor around for the time being... lol!
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Apr 30, 2009, 05:33 PM

Why get rid of it. It's unique :)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 1, 2009, 03:35 AM

I'm really sorry but my first thought when I saw the heading was... flip your monitor up the right way :p
    fallen2grace Posts: 199, Reputation: 4

May 1, 2009, 01:00 PM

Try pressing Ctrl and Alt together while pressing the up arrow key.

If that doesn't work, I'm sorry.
    That's the only thing I would suggest.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 01:03 PM

Well, I know some computer monitors do flip anyway that you want them to, like the one I am using now. Is it possible that someone flipped it to mess with you?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 3, 2009, 06:45 AM

Like mentioned, on Vista, CTRL, Alt, and up or down, and even left or right,
    And on XP, right click your Desktop, click Graphics Options, select rotation, 90, 180, 270.
    Mayank Verma Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

May 5, 2009, 08:51 AM
    Just right click on desktop and go to properties then go to setting you find the answer to rotate the monitor with angels as 90 180

Go to Graphics Properties and click on rotation then set it correctly. This is in your graphic acclerator

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Desktop is upside down [ 1 Answers ]

How do I correct this? My desktop is upside down.

Help! Monitor is UPSIDE down! [ 9 Answers ]

How did this happen? OK, I have a compaq presario computer with Windows XP. Today, out of the blue, I turned on my compter, and the "compaq presario" screen is OK, and the "windows XP" screen is OK. Then, when the "welcome" screen comes up just prior to the desktop screen, it is upside down. The...

Computer Monitor Upside Down [ 3 Answers ]

My monitor is upside down and I don't know how to fix it

Upside down display in monitor [ 4 Answers ]

My wife placed some files on the keyboard, and suddenly the display in the monitor went upside down. After reboot, it remains the same. She again placed some files on the keyboard, and this time the display changed to the side, i.e. 90 degrees from the normal display. I tried to press every...

Monitor diplay upside down [ 2 Answers ]

Why is my monitor diplay upside down how can I correct it

View more questions Search