Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    genjuro Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2009, 02:31 PM
    80's fantasy movie title or info (or 70's)
    I want to remember a movie I saw once when I was a very little kid. I think it's from the 80's, but maybe it's older -i can't tell. All I can remember is that it was a fantasy movie, the main character was a kid or a young boy. I recall a specific scene of the movie, where the boy must climb a very very long... ladder (?), outdoors. I can't recall where that ladder headed to, or if it was part of a larger structure. The atmosphere of the scene was dark. Maybe the entire picture was at night time, or had a dark atmosphere. Maybe the most significant data I can recall is that the boy seemed to wear something like a monk's robe... maybe he was a part of a group of people who all of them weared that same clothes.

I tried to remember the actor of the boy's character, but my memory tricks me: I remember the face of Christian Slater, but that is most probably false. That image from Slater is probably mixed in my mind from "The name of the rose" (where Slater plays, in fact, a monk)

I can't remember anything significant from the plot. All I have is this general idea: a great disaster will happen in the world if the boy does not accomplish an important task/mission (don't know if it's a fantasy world, or an extraterrestrial world, or what).

And, I'm not quite sure about it, but there might be some time/dimensional travel involved in all of this.

Well, that's it. I'll be gratefull if anyone recalls anything about this movie.
    TrixieKnox Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2009, 03:31 PM

Maybe it was The Neverending Story...
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Sep 11, 2009, 04:26 PM

Possibly The Navigator: A Medieval Odyssey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    genjuro Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2009, 04:59 PM
    Wow!! Quinn F. thank you. That was it!
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Sep 11, 2009, 05:01 PM

You're welcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fantasy movie-Arabian-Night-type 70's or 80's [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a movie I watched when I was really young and can only remember one scene. I THINK it's 2 men on a flying magic carpet who are fighting each other with swords and they end up cutting off parts of the carpet while flying and fighting. I think there's a genie in there somewhere... ...

Late 70's / Early 80's Fantasy Movie [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know the name of a late 70's / early 80's fantasy movie where a boy is on a boat and he stabs through the floor of the boat and it turns out that the boat is strapped to the head of a giant. The giant then submerges out of the water and begins walking on land. This was the only vague...

Name of a Children's Fantasy Movie Made in the 80's, Maybe 70's. [ 3 Answers ]

This vague memory of one of my favorite movies as a child is making me caccaccrazy! This is what I remember: A small child, I think a little girl. Somehow this puppet-like fantasy animal crosses over into her world. She, or he possibly, befriends him. The little animal at one point is trying to...

View more questions Search