Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coolpapabell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 02:50 PM
    What are potassium-free and sodium-free meals?
    What meals can I fix that contain zero potassium and zero sodium? May you provide several.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2009, 08:08 AM

Why do you want zero potassium? Potassium is essential for health and most people don't get enough. Actually, sodium is essential too, but it's less of a problem since it's in just about all processed food.

The best way to keep your sodium levels low is to cook from scratch. Start with fresh meat or fish and green vegetables, and avoid anything with more than one ingredient.

Try steak and broccili, salmon and spinach, eggs and mushrooms, chicken stiryfry, strawberries and cream. Real oatmeal rather than box cereals.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2009, 09:28 AM

Here's some articles that I think you might find helpful.

Ask an Expert: Sodium free diet
    No-Salt / Low-Sodium Recipes
    Sodium in Your Diet
    Low Potassium Diet | Belly Bytes (more of a foods to avoid page that might be helpful)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2009, 06:25 PM

Potassium and Phosphorus need to be limited for people on dialysis.
    Potassium, phosphorus and the dialysis diet - DaVita

Bananas and potatoes are high in potassium

Try switching from table salt to sea salt
    Salt: What You Don't Know Can Harm You - and What You Should Do Instead

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Potassium free foods [ 1 Answers ]

I would like a list of potasium free foods?

Potassium free ! [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently discovered that any foods I eat with potassium give me migranes! I take rizatriptan when the migranes get bad but depending on what I have eaten that rarely shifts it, I've been looking in to what foods contain potassium and it seems that even foods that have a moderate or low level...

Need to eat potassium free meals [ 1 Answers ]

I have very high potassium.I am only 15 years old. Every thing I love to eat has potassium.my mom is going nuts because,she doesn't know what to cook for me!! {Moved from Forum Help-<>}

Sodium free chips [ 2 Answers ]

I have been diagnosed with hereditary high blood pressure. So what are some low sodium chips or chip alternatives?

Potassium-free meals [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend has glomerunephritis, insufficiencey and hypertension. It was highly suggested he eat potassium free - help!! The list of foods he should NOT eat is a mile long, and the OK list has no decent ideas for good meals on it. Any suggestions? ...

View more questions Search