Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    franzvir Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2013, 09:18 AM
    My son is sick
    My son has a cough and the doctor gave an antibiotic augmentin amoclav 400ml/5mg.. is it OK if it is taken 5ml 3x a day for 10days?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2013, 04:22 PM
    Are you questioning the prescription or the doctor? Is that what is written on the bottle? Wouldn't you be better off asking the doctor instead of the Internet?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 22, 2013, 05:10 PM
    It should be taken exactly as prescribed. If you're questioning the dosage contact your doctor.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 23, 2013, 12:38 AM
    This antibiotic is a weight based antibiotic. Meaning that the dosage is dependent on your son's weight. You need to follow the dosage exactly as prescribed. If you don't understand, your best course of action would be to call the pharmacy that filled the prescription.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 10yr old son is so sick [ 9 Answers ]

My 10yr old son presented on Sunday with a low grade fever, loss of appetite and very tired.. Monday his temp fluctuated between 102/103. He was dizzy, not hungry,chills and quick shallow breathing. Tuesday morning saw pediatrician temp was 103.2. tested negative for flu & strep. Given a 10 day RX...

Sick son [ 2 Answers ]

My son complains of headache and soreness... no fever. He threw up his motrin. What could be wrong. (He's 6 yrs old) usually very active... has been laying around all evening.. even went to sleep early

My sick son [ 3 Answers ]

My suv is sick & had had a 4ever only at night for the past 10 nights he's fine during the day with only a runny nose& a little cough. I called a doctor line& paid but being we have no insurance... I don't know what else to do.

My son got sick [ 2 Answers ]

My little boy got really sick and threw up on the coutch and pillows. I tried to get it out with water and lysol but when it dried, everything got hard and it still smells. Could someone please tell me how to get it out? Thanks.

View more questions Search