Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AURAGOLD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 09:19 AM
    Proper grammar when writing minutes
    When I am writing the minutes for unit meetings, do I address my comments in the first person or use my name?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2008, 01:08 AM
    Hi, AURAGOLD!

I'm sorry that no one has come along yet to address your question! I'm no expert on this, but I have been the secretary a number of times for a couple of different groups with which I have been involved.

When you are writing minutes, you are reporting what happened at the meeting, what was decided and what might happen. As such, you would use the name of the person who said something, made a motion or whatever. You just report what happened and who did this or that. If it was you who said something or suggested some sort of action be taken, then you would list your name and maybe your position as say, maybe secretary? And what you did and/or what happened.

You write about the things that you observed and happened at the meeting, even though you are experiencing them in the here and now when things were being said or done as you are taking down the notes for what you will later develop and distribute, catalog and/or report for the minutes of the previous meeting at the next meeting.

You might find what is on the following site to be particularly helpful to you.

http://www.audubon-area.org/Minutes/minwriguide.doc
    emmanoel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2013, 06:34 PM
    The collector should monitor their assigned members if they hag get their tickets

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tips for writing minutes during meetings [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have to write meeting minutes for the first time, does anyone have any tips? I'm worried in case I miss vital info. Thanks:)

Writing Minutes [ 1 Answers ]

When a motion is made in a meeting and there is discussion but no one seconds the motion, what is the proper format for recording this in the minutes?

Writing minutes [ 2 Answers ]

How do I write minutes?

Writing minutes and agenda [ 1 Answers ]

I need to write minutes and an agenda for a meeting, don't even know where to start?

Grammar [ 7 Answers ]

Hi!? Do you say "to the left/right of sth" or "on the right/left of". I found that both possibilities are correct. Is that right? Thank you

View more questions Search