Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carquester Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2010, 10:54 AM
    Manual transmission fluid type for 98 jetta
    What type of fluid goes in a 1998 vw jetta manual transmission?
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2010, 11:08 AM

I'm not completely sure, but it will be a heavier weight gear oil. I know some manuals take something like 20/80 gear oil. I know its not usually as heavy as the gear oil used in the rear axle in pickup trucks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

VW Jetta Transmission hard to get to second gear [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, all, I just bought a 2003 Jetta without going through mechanical checkup. The car has quite a few missing parts and I thought I can fixed it. However just after three days the car developed more serious problems. It could not pass the second gear. After stepping on gas the RPM reached 6000, it...

No transmission fluid [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Hyundai accent. I was changing oil and mistakenly drained tranny fluid instead. I then put about 4 1/2 quarts of oil in engine on top of what was already in thinking I drained everything. About 8 1/2 quarts were in engine! I started car and let idle with all that oil and no tranny...

Transmission Fluid [ 2 Answers ]

I own a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo. Where do you find the dipstick to check the transmission fluid and where is the opening to replace the transmission fluid? None of these are visible by looking under the hood.

Transmission fluid [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of fluid do I put in the transmission of a 94 honda civic 5 speed manual?

View more questions Search