Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxr3allyfxx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 07:22 AM
    Courthouse wedding
    My fiancée and I are getting married in the courthouse at the end of the month. Were going to the courthouse sometime next week to get our marriage license. We got the rings already too.. How does getting married in the courthouse work exactly? Are there vows that we need to write? Do we exchange bands? And what would one wear to a courthouse wedding? I know that every county is different. Here in broward county FL they told me they did not need to set an appointment but is there a site I can check for all this info so I didn't have to call them again?? Please help.. In desperate need of help only have 24 days left! Thank you in advance.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2009, 08:37 AM

It's like any other wedding, just held in the Courthouse. Some Justices of the Peace do not allow you to write your own vows. Some do.

Yes, you would exchange bands - it's like any other wedding.

I've seen people married in the Courthouse in a wedding dress. I've seen people in jeans and t-shirts.

It depends on how formal you want to be - or not be.
    LPIE9899 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2009, 02:18 PM

What is the total amount of a couthouse wedding? What are the persegers of a courthouse wedding? What part of the courthouse do you get married at?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2009, 02:21 PM

Do you mean what is the cost? Some Judges charge, others ask for a donation. You have to pay for a marriage license and that varies by State.

You get married in one of the Courtrooms or the Judge's chambers.

I don't know what "persegers" means.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 27, 2009, 03:22 PM

Here in GA, the license wll cost 65 dollars unless you take the pre counseling class.

The judge normally charges about 100 to 120 dollars for the wedding
    No you don't get to chose vows, he does a standard wedding ( very sort) you can exchange rings.

This will be done either in the court room or the judges office.
    It is rather rushed normally since there may be several people in line to be married.

Locally they do weekday weddings at 6 pm, and Saturday a 12 noon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Courthouse Wedding [ 15 Answers ]

:confused: My fiancé and I want to just have a courthouse wedding but we are having a hard time figuring out how to go about doing it! We live in Henry County Georgia and have no clue where to go to actually get married! Is a marriage license the same thing? We are lost! :( Please someone help! We...

A courthouse wedding [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend is in the army, he's leaveing for Georgia on January 28th and won't be back till June 28th, we really want to get married before he goes, and we don't have the time or money to have a big wedding right now. So we want to go with a courthouse wedding, I been searching the net, on how...

Courthouse wedding [ 2 Answers ]

Can you have friends and family in attendance at a courthouse wedding? Do you have to send formal invitations for this type of a wedding?

Courthouse Wedding? [ 3 Answers ]

If you have a courthouse wedding, do you still need 2 witnesses? If I'm in a different state getting married, and don't know anyone in that state, could I find 2 strangers to be the witnesses? About how long does it take to get the marriage certificate? Can the marriage certificate be...

Courthouse Wedding [ 1 Answers ]

How Does A Courthouse Service Go? What Do We Wear And Do We Need Rings?

View more questions Search