Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angel_aiu2006 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2008, 04:49 PM
    Optaing custody of a younger sibling that is adopted.
    My siblings and myself were in foster home for many years and then my siblings got adopted. I am now twenty years old and I'm concerned about my younger sister. She lives in Hawaii and I now live in California. She does not like her adopted family and her parents are having a hard time with her. Even though she got adopted is it possible for me to fight for custody of her?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2008, 05:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by angel_aiu2006 View Post
    My siblings and myself were in foster home for many years and then my siblings got adopted. I am now twenty years old and im concerned about my younger sister. She lives in Hawaii and i now live in California. She does not like her adopted family and her parents are haveing a hard time with her. Even though she got adopted is it possible for me to fight for custody of her?

All family ties were severed when she was legally adopted. That doesn't mean you couldn't become her foster parent if everyone consents or that the adoptive parents won't relinquish custody but in the eyes of the law you have no standing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to get custody of younger sibling. [ 5 Answers ]

Ok my question is I am 19 years old almost 20 and I have to baby sister one which is now in foster care I was in the system my whole life and I hated it I want my youngest sister to have a lot better life than what I did and now I need some help trying to figure out how to get her she lives in...

18 year old for custody of sibling from suicidal mother [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am an 18-year-old female who has much concern regarding the safety, emotional health, and mental health of my younger brother. I would like to know how to get custody of him? He is now 10 years old. I live in Pennsylvania and he lives in South Carolina. I only get to see him in the summer....

Custody of a sibling [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, so my fiancée is supposed to be moving to KY and attending NKU college with me, however before he was able to move he had court dates with his family because his step father hit his mother and his little sister after his sister had gone through a surgical procedure on her head for lumps on her...

Older teens with bad influence on younger sibling [ 1 Answers ]

How old does a teen have to be in the state of Tn before you can sugest she leave the nest. I have an 18 year old who will be 19 in December, did not finish school but took the GED can not hold a job for more than a few weeks, dresses as weird as can be, pierces her face and other places we won't...

Sibling custody [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to get custody of my younger sibling. She is in a foster home and I'm going to be 19 and I would like to get her. How do I do that?

View more questions Search