Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michellet218 Posts: 51, Reputation: 0

May 25, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Anyone ever studied w/ Penn Foster or Stratford Career Institute?
    Wuzup,
    I'm a 23 year old fashion designer wannabe (read my other posts, please). I know how to draw, but am not that good at sewing. I'm currently taking a sewing class at a local fabric store (Hancock Fabrics) but it's not enough for me, because it's so short!! Wednesdays only for 5 weeks (1 day out the week).I like it because it's teaching me something, which is better than nothing, but that's all I can find right now. I was thinking for a long time whether going through Penn Foster or Stratford Career Institute, but I'm hearing a few bad things about them... Stratford especially. I know it's better to have hands on experience when it comes to sewing, but I think these schools can still teach me SOMETHING through books and online. But I keep looking at people's reviews from these schools and some have good stuff to say about them, and the other half doesn't. So that's making me skeptical of whether I should go through with it or not. I need someone's opinion that has been with these 2 schools, & other schools, too. What should I find out before I go through with it? WHAT SHOULD I ASK? How are they when it comes to payments or cancelling, shipping, or shipping costs, fee, and a lot of other stuff that I should know before I apply to these schools. If anyone knows from experience, or knows someone that been through them, PLEASE HELP A SISTA OUT! I will appreciate it!

Sep 6, 2008, 01:50 PM
    Hello Michelle,

I appreciate your determination to advance in your chosen field. I think Penn Foster can help you a lot to achieve the quality training you desire. I know about the two schools you mentioned. I have studied with, and still studying with Penn Foster,( formerly known respectively, NACS, ICS, Harcourt Learning Direct, Thomson Education Direct). I have graduated as a Journalist, Legal Assistant, Private Investigator, as well as - a graduate of their General Law Enforcement program. I am currently studying Criminal Justice with Penn Foster.

You've got nothing to lose by enrolling with Penn Foster. They provide quality training. Even though, Penn Foster is a bit expensive, the school do have a flexible affordable payment plans. You'll never regret your investment with Penn Foster. They'll teach you the most up-to-dates with hands-on training needed to enhance your capacity in your chosen field!

As for Stratford, is still new a school. And they are trying to imitate Penn Foster. Although, I have never studied with them, but I did request for documentation about their courses - I realized that their curriculums aren't as rich and resourceful as those offered by Penn Foster.

Having said the above, I think I'll leave you here to decide for yourself. Hope you'll find my input very useful in making a decision. Cheers!

From a proud graduate of Penn Foster!
    michellet218 Posts: 51, Reputation: 0

Sep 8, 2008, 05:12 AM
    That was very helpful information, thanks for that! It'll help me choose my decision more easily... and who knows? Maybe in a couple of years I might take the other school, too! Just to get a lot of experience. I appreciate it :D
    SHM76 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2008, 04:56 AM
    Michelle,

I am glad to know that the information I have provided in response to your question will help you in making a wise decision about these schools. Feel free, if you have other queries in this regard, to put it across.

Cheers! And goodluck with your career!
    SHM76/Burkina Faso, West Africa

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Slogan for a training institute [ 5 Answers ]

Dear Sir, Please help me find a slogan for a training institute, who deliver training in HR, Sales, Management, Communication, Customer Service, Leadership... I would like the slogan to reflect the high quality of service Thank you Nathaly

College or institute in Vashi [ 1 Answers ]

I want to do Diploma in Early childhood care & Education. Please tell me the college or institute in Vashi, navi mumbai. And details of that course.

Penn Foster Creditable [ 2 Answers ]

I was thinking about signing up for my Associates in Accounting with Penn Foster Online colleg, Is it a good school and will employers consider online college graduates?

Information institute of Technology in Vienna [ 2 Answers ]

I want more information about university or institute in austria which has engineering faculty that has program studies doctoral ( environmental and architecture).thank you before

View more questions Search