Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keybolt1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2010, 10:49 AM
    Shaft on craftsmen snowblower goes fast, but the auger turns very slowly
    My craftsman snowblower drive shaft for the auger, turns fast. However the auger turns very slowly. The tension cord is very tight. What is the problem?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2010, 10:50 AM

Shear pin is likely.

Model #?
    keybolt1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2010, 11:21 AM
    Craftman 11 snowblower, model 8/26 auger turns slow
    Craftsman 11 snowblower's auger turns very slowly, however, the shaft that drives it turns very fast. The shear pin is in tact and the tension cord is tight. What is the problem?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Feb 15, 2010, 01:58 PM

Hi,
    How about the belt? Tensioning a wornout belt does little.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2010, 02:02 PM

I actually ran into that same problem last week with the snow, but it was belt driven drive wheels. The shaft had too much friction in it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I line up the auger and shaft horizontally to replace the shear pin? [ 5 Answers ]

I snapped the shear pin on the left auger of my snowblower. I have no trouble lining the auger and the shaft. My problem is that when they are aligned rotationally, the holes are off slightly horizontally. Enough that I cannot get the remainder of the pin out. There is no play in the auger at all....

Craftsmen snowblower won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have the 5.5hp with electric start... it tries like heck to turn over but won't grab. I am getting spark. I have even taken the plug (which is str8 up) and given a quick shot of carb cleaner and replugged... she fired right up ! So obviously it is not getting fuel (priming makes no difference...

Snowblower auger coming loose [ 1 Answers ]

My Craftsman 5 HP snow blower has a problem where the auger shaft has come off the auger bearings (the plastic pieces where the auger shaft fit into and are attached to the auger housing). Has anyone had this problem? Do you bang away on the auger housing until it gets narrow enough to hold the...

Craftsmen Auger Blade bent 24' [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I am an old Snow blower C950-52109-0 , I have bent the blade on the LH auger. I have taken the 6 screws out on both sides. No luck. How do I replace the blade. Eveything else works OK. Please help Snow storm tomorrow and day after Vivek:)

Snowblower auger belt issue [ 2 Answers ]

I just put on a new belt on the snowblower and now it flips over when engaging the auger and burns. What is wrong?

View more questions Search