Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suileng Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 05:33 PM
    Can u be pregnant on depo provera? Missed period 1st shot
    Can u get preganat while being on depo provera even if u only received 1 shot
    And missed a period a whole month ?
    stephmed25 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 06:37 PM

On your first injection it takes within 2 weeks to prevent you from getting pregnant and run its course... but your answer is yes every women's body hormones run its own different course... and yes you can get pregnant while on depo
    suileng Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 08:02 PM
    So then I might be pregnant do you think? I mean I didn't know you had to wait 2 weeks and I had sexual relation way before the 2 week after I got my 1st shot
    On your fisrt shot is normal to miss period? A lot people say yea so I don't know what to beleve and other say with longer use I don't know I'm so confuzed

I also wanted to ask you how this website work is it nurses answering or people?

Thank you so much

And please answer me back
    stephmed25 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 08:15 PM
    I'm not a nurse but have 2 boys and do work in medical field... but uumm have you taken a pregnancy test if not you can wait to see if your period come... I have heard a lot about the depo that supposely is not good for one.. im on the nuva ring and its perfect for me I've been on it since I had my last kid 2 years ago

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Depo provera shot [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knows... well I had my son sept 8th and got the shot before I left.. ok I was suppose to getr another in December and didn't... so I was wondering when will my period start again?? /

Depo provera shot [ 2 Answers ]

I was put on the birth control depo shot. And one of the side effects is irregular bleeding. Well I thought it was going to be a little bleeding once every three weeks or something like that.. But I have been lightly bleeding everyday since I have been on the shot. And I have been on it for...

Missed depo shot [ 4 Answers ]

I was on the depo shot since I was 13 years old. I'm 17 now and I'm a month late on my shot because its time for me to get a pap but I'v been bleeding for the last 2 months now can any one tell me what's wrong

Depo provera shot [ 1 Answers ]

HI I took my first depo shot on Jan 19 and my next one is due April 12 but I don't want to take it anymore because I get excessive bledding I've been on my period for ten days already, the first time I got my period for only 12 days but that was because I went to the doctor and he gave me...

First dose of the depo shot & missed period [ 3 Answers ]

Hello there... I gave birth to a baby girl on November 2nd 2006. On November 4th 2006 I received my first dose of the depo shot. After the normal bleeding in pregnancy ended after 2 weeks, a week later I had extreamly light bleeding in the beginning of December that lasted about 4 days. I ...

View more questions Search