Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    10151015 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2014, 07:09 AM
    Sickly husband
    My husband woke up at midnight Wednesday complaining he was nauseated and had reflux so he takes some pepto and a zantac and I gave him a promethazine. I decided to come to the couch just in the case he had a virus because I am terrified of being sick ill take colds any day. He stayed in the bedroom and would only come out to use the bathroom and get something to drink. Around 1:30 he started vomiting three times I a row then had diarrhea maybe 4 times but nothing to watery. So I immediately grab the lysol and I mix some bleach and water and just start spraying he poured bleach in the toilet then went back to bed. I slept on and off and at 7 he gets up and takes his temp 100.5 was 94 and started complaining his body hurt so he got in the shower and I took him to the dr and had a flu test done. Flu test negative. So sent home with zofran. I went and got more lysol and some lysol to use on the counter tops. I clean every handle light switch toilet and throwed my toothbrush away. So its Thursday and he is feeling better and eating crackers and still staying in the bedroom. Since my phobia of being sick I need to know if I'm in the all clear of getting it. Help
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 20, 2014, 06:01 PM
    There's no way to know if you'll get it or not, you'll have to do what everyone else does, and that's wait and see. You certainly took every precaution, and then some, to avoid catching whatever he had. Sadly, it's cold and flu season, so unless you put yourself in a bubble, there's no way to completely safeguard yourself from getting sick.

Make sure you eat healthy, take your vitamins (especially vitamin C, but no more than the recommended dose) and wash your hands, or use hand sanitizer, when in areas with a lot of other people. But other than that, there's very little you can do, other than the bubble idea.

Good luck.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2014, 06:04 PM
    Unfortunately you will just have to wait and see. If he had a stomach virus, which sounds like a good possibility, you would have already been exposed when he started feeling poorly. Even though he is feeling better, he can still be contagious for awhile longer. Much depends on the virus that caused him to be ill. The best thing both of you can do is to wash your hands regularly over the next week or so, which is obviously a good practice at any time.
    10151015 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2014, 07:45 PM
    Thanks. Its been 44 hours since he last got sick and 36 since diarrhea. He has ate soup and done fine. Still sleeping on the couch for another night. Ive read that someone can still be contagious after 2 weeks and they become ill "from their husband and child that had it 2 weeks ago" not sure what to believe some say that if I was going to get it I would have already since it comes quick and leaves quick. I probably should Google so much but I'm paranoid and have a fear of getting sick. Thanks again guys

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sickly [ 0 Answers ]

I've been having hot and cold flashes. A fever at its highest was 102.8 (during the afternoon) got it down to 99.8. My entire body aches. I have a sharp pain in my abdomen on my right side just under my rib cage. It hurts to move and breathe. My neck is very stiff

Ex-husband met an attractive woman separated from her husband but living with him [ 1 Answers ]

Is it meant to be they meet at a hockey camp her separated and unhappy my x stated had a lot of problems and talked to me about them it meant he opened up about his problems fights with two teenage sons one stealing and trouble at school the other diabetic head boy letting his steam off at home as...

Sickly feeling from working out abs. [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I am 5'7 and weigh 120.For the past 10 years, I suffer from mild IBS and am lactose intolerant. I am also on paxil for anxiety. When I feel anxious, I get stomach aches or feel like I need to use the bathroom. Anyway, it has gotten a lot better since I've been on paxil. I've always had tone...

Kind of sickly kitten [ 1 Answers ]

The neighborhood cat had kittens under my house around Mothers Day. That makes these kittens about 5 weeks old. We came outside day before yesterday and there was one. Then yesterday there was another, now today there is one more. The rest seem to be OK except the one from yesterday. It's eyes were...

View more questions Search