Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dolphinluver24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2012, 02:51 PM
    15 dating 19
    Yeah I need help too... I'm 15 and my boyfriend is 18. He turns 19 two months before I turn 16. Is this illegal??
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 16, 2012, 04:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphinluver24 View Post
    Yeah I need help too.... I'm 15 and my boyfriend is 18. He turns 19 two months before I turn 16. Is this illegal?!?!
    Is it illegal for him to be 38 months older than you? No. What part of the previous answers don't fit your situation?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 17, 2012, 06:17 PM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

However, didn't you read what the other posts said?there are no laws involving dating. But if engage is sexual activity he could go to jail.

But what do your parents say? If your parents do not approve your dating him, then he could get in legal trouble if he defies them.

I also have to question what a 18 yr old would have in common with a 15 yr old.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2012, 07:27 PM
    As long as you and he are not having sex and there is no "sexual touching" and as long as your parents are OK with you dating him.
    lacywilmerton Posts: 15, Reputation: 0

Mar 18, 2012, 03:46 PM
    Check your state's statute on this. All states have different laws. If you live in a federally run area, you need to check the federal law.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2012, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lacywilmerton View Post
    check your state's statute on this. All states have different laws. If you live in a federally run area, you need to check the federal law.

What is a "Federally run area"?

Mar 18, 2012, 04:04 PM
    An airforce, army or naval base, Washington DC, etc
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2012, 04:20 PM
    It's still the State Law. The "Feds" don't have their own laws concerning sex and age.

I'm interested in learning if you have a site that says that Federal law on a military base trumps State law.

Mar 18, 2012, 04:40 PM
    Uniform Code of Military Justice (UJMJ) - ART. 120. RAPE AND CARNAL KNOWLEDGE

Search Articles 125 and 134 as well.

They asked a question, w/o a given location. What if boyfriend turning 19 is a soldier? The questioner should look up military law.

Mar 18, 2012, 04:41 PM
    And you are right. It's not the feds. It's military law and that's what I meant. Sorry for that confusion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to try online dating, but What to do if None of dating sites have enough locals? [ 4 Answers ]

I never had a GF. I want to try online dating but the sites I've seen only have like 5 women from my city and not my type. That's dumb. Why would I sign up to sites that have no one from my city.

Dating stuff help! Well young people dating [ 9 Answers ]

This guy has like me all year... he even liked me when I had a boyfriend but he asked me out a couple times and I finally said yes. But now I kind of like his friend. But I've only been going out with this guy for 2 days so is it no problem breaking up with him for his friend? Or has he been...

Teen Dating girl dating younger boy? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm a 15 year old girl turning 16 in September and I'm in year 10. This boy who I think is reallly cute asked me out the only problem is I found out that he is turning 14 and in year 7! Would it be wrong if I Went out with him considering there is a 2 yr age difference?? :confused:

We're dating, but he posted on a dating site! [ 11 Answers ]

We've only been dating for about a month or so. The first couple of weeks, he called me every day, sometimes twice a day. Then it was less frequent. I assumed he didn't have the guts to break it off, so I stopped calling him and he wouldn't call me for a few days, but he always called. Said...

View more questions Search