Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LG Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2011, 07:07 AM
    Thermostat replacement
    I purchased a honeywell programmable thermostat to replace a vintage manual one. After trying to match the W1, W2, G, Rc, Rh and Y1 from the old thermostat to the new one with codes: O/B, Y, R, G and W, the directions said if you have 2 of either R, Rc or Rh you cannot use this thermostat. How do I search for one that uses my existing wires or how do I make the adjustment for them?
    LG Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2011, 07:50 AM
    UPDATE to my question -
    Definitely need a different model and the 2 suggested by Honeywell both use AA batteries and back light only stays on for 5 seconds. This is going in a home with an elderly person. Need simplicity! Trying to find a thermostat that stays lit longer and does NOT use batteries. Thanks for any suggestions you may have!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacement of Carrier Heat Pump Thermostat with Honeywell TH6000 series thermostat. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Series 50QT Electric heat pump that still uses the original non programmable thermostat. I am trying to replace it with Honeywell TH6000 series programmable thermostat. The wiring on the existing Thermostat as follows: O - White, I am thinking this is the Reversing Valve? Y...

Thermostat replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing an old dial Trol-a-temp thermostat. It has three wires; red, white and yellow. The thermostat only regulates the temperature as the main switch for cool and heat etc. is in another separate location. I have gas and two zones. What can I use to replace this??

Thermostat replacement [ 2 Answers ]

I'm replacing an old bryant thermostat with a new hunter digital. I need help with wiring . 2 red , 2 white , 1 blue

Thermostat Replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace my old thermostat with a new Humter Programmable Thermostat but as I can tell from surfing wire matching is not an easy thing. My unit was put into service in 1976. In the old thermostat there are the following wires: Y - Yellow G - Green R - Red O - Orange ...

Thermostat replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to upgrade old Trane Taystat 570 thermostat with a new Honeywell RTH 7400. Unsure of the translation from 570 terminals to the RTH7400. Previous owner of house did not leave any manuals, etc.

View more questions Search