Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sam_alex66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2017, 04:08 AM
    Simple maths that is making my head implode
    You have 1kg of unroasted green coffee beans at a cost of $7. When you roast this coffee you lose 20% of the original weight to produce only 800g of roasted coffee. How much is 1kg of roasted coffee? Please teach me this maths!
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Nov 22, 2017, 09:04 AM
    What part of the problem is giving you trouble?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 22, 2017, 10:45 AM
    First, how many grams are in one kilogram?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2017, 11:41 AM
    You lost 20% by weight. What weight of green beans multiplied by X %(remainder) = 1Kg? You then can determine the additional cost to make 1Kg of roasted beans.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Simple Comfort 30001 thermostat is making constant clicking sound [ 0 Answers ]

I have simple comfort 3001 thermostat. The PROG sign is flashing between two different target temperature and as a result (depending on the room temperature) the system is constantly turning on and off making a clicking sound. I tried to reset number of times but it did not work. I tried to...

Vanity light, going from two to one. Probably a simple fix but I'm scratching my head [ 1 Answers ]

I have two vanity lights currently, and with my bathroom remodel I am installing a single over mirror vanity light. This leaves me with one unnecessary wire. How should I handle this. Simply cap it and leave it in the wall. That seems odd to me. Is there a way for this to be handles properly?

Head injury . Skull making cracking noise. [ 6 Answers ]

I was in a physical fight yesterday. I thought I was fine immediately after and went on with my day. Today I woke up and when I touched my face there was a cracking on the right side of my head. I have at least two bumps on my head that are sour to the touch and a mild headache and earache. I feel...

Maths - making "y" the subject *cries* [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm new to this forum, but it seems cool! But the proof is in the pudding: can you answer this question? It came up in a specimen exam paper that I was revising with and, try as I did, I couldn't solve it. HELP! :confused: I need make "y" the subject.. : x = root (( y - a) / ( y - b))...

View more questions Search