Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sweetiebirdy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2017, 02:41 PM
    Famous artist names needed
    We recentmy got an assignment for English that we have to give a short presentation about someone we admire. I have no idea who I should pick. I didn't want to bore my class with information about some sport-person and what trophees they won, so I thougt I'd give a presentation about some kind of artist because it's way more interesting to me

So my question is? Do you know any good artists? Why should I pick them? What else have they achieved and can I say about them?
    Thank you so much!
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 25, 2017, 02:47 PM
    What artists do you admire? Do you have a preference in styles of art?

This is your assignment and we are not going to do your work for you. We might give you the names of artists but you will have to look them up and find out more about them.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 25, 2017, 03:03 PM
    Here's are two of my favorite artists: Paul Klee and Jackson Pollack. I'm guessing your class would love to hear about Pollack and his style/method of painting.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2017, 10:03 AM
    "Why should I pick them"? Better asked " Why should WE pick them? It's your assignment!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 26, 2017, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    "Why should I pick them"? Better asked " Why should WE pick them? It's your assignment!
    I was hoping my response was provocative enough that the OP would start enthusiastically Googling.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 26, 2017, 05:40 PM
    Recently watched a documentary about a woman who spent 7 years doing research on Van Gogh, and who uncovered new information that none of the experts found, such the notes of the doctor who treated his ear, that included a drawing of it. No one ever really knew how much he cut off (a lot).
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 27, 2017, 06:11 AM
    I suggest you Google the Group of Seven; seven Canadian artists of the early part of the 1900s and forward to the 40s. Their collection is housed in the McMichael Gallery in Kleinburg Ontario, a much visited gallery.
    ria262 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2017, 11:47 PM
    • Pablo Picasso. ...
    • Vincent van Gogh. ...
    • Leonardo da Vinci. ...
    • Michelangelo. ...
    • Henri Matisse. ...
    • Jackson Pollock. ...
    • Rembrandt.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2017, 01:46 PM
    Kind of late, posted almost a year ago.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is this really by the famous artist Moses Soyer? [ 1 Answers ]

The picture shown is signed exactly the way others of this artist . However I have never seen another still life like this by this artist. What do you think?

Is P.Lek Ling a famous lithograph artist? [ 0 Answers ]

It is #237/275 lithograph P. Lek Ling ,grass land scene,I need to price it please.

Is this the famous artist Moses Soyer? [ 0 Answers ]

This still life painting is signed M.Soyer. I have never seen any of his work look like this.

Can you give me names of Famous oil painters whose name begins with S [ 1 Answers ]

I think the name is Spyro but I can not read the Hand writing for sure but someone with a similar spelling

Famous artist [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Has anyone heard of an artist called c. wells. We have a canvas by this artist which shows a lake scene with a mountain range in the background with snow. :)

View more questions Search