Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chevyII Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2005, 07:22 PM
    Wire colors for heat pump thermostat
    While installing a programmable therostat, two of the indentification stickers fell off the wires. The wires colors are blue and brown and I don't want to hook them up wrong. The "ports" are E and C. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2005, 07:53 PM
    I understand how heat pumps work, but little more. In a conventional system a blue wire is often used for the common, C? Check at the inside unit controls and see if the blue wire is connected to one of the terminals of the 24 volt transformer. Actually, the brown and blue wires may be connected to terminals marked E and C at the other end. If so, problem solved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Wire a Thermostat to blower fan for alternate heat source [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all I just built a plenum around my coal stove and I need to wire in a stat , limit switch to run a blower fan . Thanks Steve PS I have all the parts off and hot air oil furnace.

Thermostat wire colors [ 3 Answers ]

I just removed my old mechanical thermostat. The wire colors were: W = white G = green R = ref Y = yellow O = Orange The rth230b has: W, Y, Rc, Rh, and G. I initially installed the Red in Rc, Y, W, and G. I did nothing with the O wire. When I turned the system on the thermostat started...

Thermostat compatibility with heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Goodman heat pump--CPLE24-1-- 2 ton -and need to replace the thermostat-what do I need to know when purchasing a new one?

How to wire a heat pump & varialble air handler [ 2 Answers ]

Please help how to wire a Goodman 13seer 1.5 ton heat pump and 2.5 ton variable speed air handler to a EWC BMplus 3000 Zoning control system. Thanks, Alo:confused:

Changing Heat pump Thermostat. [ 2 Answers ]

Currently have a Honeywell T841A1712 Multi-Stage Heat pump thermostat. I am changing to a Honeywell RTH7500D. All is good except that the manual states "If the old thermostat had wires on W1, Y1, and W2, some modification is required. Call your loca heating and cooling contractor for...

View more questions Search