Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lee1001 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 01:54 AM
    Hot water downstairs but not upstairs
    I'm not getting hot water upstairs but I am downstiars. If I switch the shower on the run the tap upstairs at the same time the water gets warm but not hot but downstairs its really hot water:confused:
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 5, 2007, 01:30 PM
    Are all the upstairs hot water fixtures affected or just the shower?
    Tom

Feb 6, 2007, 02:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Are all the upstairs hot water fixtures affected or just the shower?
    Tom
    All fixtures until I switch on both shower and tap then it runs warm
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 6, 2007, 05:00 AM
    Is it possible that your hot water pipe has froze up. I had at least 4 other complaints like yours yesterday. All frozen hot water pipes. Regards, Tom

Feb 6, 2007, 05:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Is it possible that your hot water pipe has froze up. I had at least 4 other complaints like yours yesterday. All frozen hot water pipes. Regards, Tom
    Would this just be down to weather?? Or something else
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 6, 2007, 07:44 AM
    I'm still getting complaints about hot water lines freezing up today. Yes it's very possible that your hot water lines have froze up. Use a hair dryer or wait till the sun warms things up and check again. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trickling Hot Water Upstairs [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had my kitchen remodelled in my 60+ yr old house. In the process, the contractor shut off the water from the basement so that my family had no water on the 1st floor (incl. Kitchen) and the 2nd fl. Bathroom. We were asked to use the bathroom in the basement for the time being, which...

No hot water in upstairs bathroom [ 6 Answers ]

Our house is 2 years old and the hot water in the upstairs bathroom will not work. The sink get's hot water but the tub gets nothing. The tub has a single handle moen fixture. The cold water comes out fine but when you turn the dial to the hot water side, nothing comes out. We at first thought it...

Need more hot water upstairs [ 4 Answers ]

I’m a new home owner and a novice at plumbing-related problems, so any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I live in a small, three-level home (including basement) with the water heater in the basement, kitchen on main level, and one (and only) bathroom located on the top level. My...

Downstairs shower knocks when hot water is on [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, so my house has 2 full baths, and we're having problems with the downstairs bathroom. The shower has a single temperature/flow control knob/lever, a tub spigot with shower diverter, and a drain lever. If you use hot or rather warm water, as normal, the pipe knocks, shaking the wall, and...

Upstairs too hot, downstairs too cold [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a 2-story house built in 1949 that has a forced air heating and air conditioning system. Of the 4 rooms upstairs, the 2 largest ones do not get cool enough. At the same time, the first floor is plenty cool and the basement is frigid. What is the most cost-effective and simple way to...

View more questions Search