Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bhayne Posts: 339, Reputation: 4

Oct 26, 2006, 12:29 PM
    Driving tickets
    I have not had a driving infraction for over 15 years- except in a different province.

In the last two years I have been pulled over twice in another province. The first was for speeding (I was going with traffic flow but because my wife's car looks hopped up I was picked out and pulled over for going too fast). The second time I was pulled over for going through a red light during icy conditions. The 'prepare to stop' amber flashers were not working do to construction on the highway.

Anyway, instead of disputing with the officer, I accepted the tickets and tore them up after the officer had left.

After two years I have heard nothing about these tickets. I know that not going to court is the same as a guilty plea. My question is, will there ever be any reprocusions from this?

Thanks.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2006, 12:36 PM
    I can't speak for Canada but will point out: In my state of the US, a warrant is issued for your arrest for not showing up in court for a traffic citation.

They don't typically come to the house to pick you up, but if pulled over in the future, you may find yourself whisked off to jail.

I do hope for you that some Canadian can confirm that this is not true in Canada :o
    bhayne Posts: 339, Reputation: 4

Oct 26, 2006, 12:40 PM
    Well, if that was true then why wasn't I 'wisked off to jail' the second time? (that would be embarassing) Both tickets were in the same province. Actually, what I was thinking is that if they catch me again (3 times the charm) and threaten to take me to the station, I'd just pull out my MC and pay for them just like I pay cab drivers.

But I'm not even sure they can record the violation with an out-of-province driver's license.
    janice e onley-cimmeneli Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2006, 03:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bhayne
    I have not had a driving infraction for over 15 years- exept in a different province.

In the last two years I have been pulled over twice in another province. The first was for speeding (I was going with traffic flow but because my wife's car looks hopped up I was picked out and pulled over for going too fast). The second time I was pulled over for going through a red light during icy conditions. The 'prepare to stop' amber flashers were not working do to construction on the highway.

Anyway, instead of disputing with the officer, I accepted the tickets and tore them up after the officer had left.

After two years I have heard nothing about these tickets. I know that not going to court is the same as a guilty plea. My question is, will there ever be any reprocusions from this?

Thanks.
    Yes, eventually you will be pulled over for some kind of driving reason, and the officer will be gung ho, and take you in! If you are over 75 miles from the place of the original offences, they usually don't bother. Depending on the state you originally got he tickets in, if you are now in another state, with new licence for that state, just don't go back to the original area. You have what they call bench warrants from the county of the tickets,so if your stopped there, say impound car go to jail do not collect 200 dollars!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Media Tickets Problem Need Help [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was on msn messenger and my friend sent me alink which I went too and it asked me too download a program I did it and it then opened all my windows for my messenger and sent the link too them then showed me a blue screen telling me that it was dumping physical memory.. Please someone help...

Changing license plate and parking tickets [ 2 Answers ]

HELP HELP HELP I have gotten many parking tickets and cannot afford to pay them off. After about 5 tickets the city puts a boot on the tire of the car, Then I will be stationary until I pay all my tickets plus the amount to get the boot taken off. That would come out to be around $900.00. I...

Cheap tickets [ 3 Answers ]

Do you know where I can find a cheap ticket from france to sacramento, California? All is just so expensive! :eek:

Buying Tickets in another country [ 1 Answers ]

I am an American currently living in Britain, but because of the dreadful foreign exchange rate, I'm wondering if it's possible to purchase tickets via a friend or a website in the US and pay with my credit card (also American). Is this possible? Thank you!

View more questions Search