Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jessieka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2006, 08:22 AM
    Could I be pregnant
    Hello, I am new to this sight. Can anyone give me some advice?

My last normal period was in January 1st (happy new year lol). I always get cramping the day before and then the day I start my cramps are unbearable and then they go away after a day. My flow is really heavy until the last day or so and I always bleed for 5-6 days. Well I was 3 days late and I took 2 pregnant. Tests and they were both negative. I started cramping 2 weeks before I was due to start and when I did finally start it was very very light compared to what it normally is and I stopped a day early. Its been a week since I took my last test and my chest is sore and its hard to even put on a bra. I'm tiard and keep feeling sick off and on. Since I have been trying I scared to take another test because of the disappointment of a negative result. Should I try taking another test or should I wait and see if I miss my next period?
    RootLevel Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Feb 13, 2006, 08:30 AM
    Just wait, if your buying name brand tests, then your using the about the same types of tests that a clinic would give.
    daehnolem Posts: 61, Reputation: 12

Feb 13, 2006, 12:47 PM
    I think you might be my long lost twin or something because we have same cycle with the same weirdness. I think my boobs even got bigger (they were hurting a lot, too, and they still are). I'm just going to wait to see if my period starts this month. There's no point in wasting money by testing too early. Good luck. I hope there's a positive test result for both of us in the near future!
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2006, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by daehnolem
    I'm just going to wait to see if my period starts this month. There's no point in wasting money by testing too early.

I agree with that statement. Wait and see. If you are pregnant, the baby isn't going anywhere and you save some money!
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 16, 2006, 12:05 PM
    Hi. Welcome to the forum. If at any time you had unprotected intercourse, then you should see your doctor as there could be danger of more than just a pregnancy - we all know that this day and age.
    First and foremost, when in doubt - Always see your doctor.
    http://www.babyfit.com/register.asp
    Check out the following sites, they will help you through this a little more to reassure if you are.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sym...gnancy/PR00102 scroll down and even get answers on flying while pregnant, exercise, dangers, etc.
    http://www.epigee.org/pregnancy/symptoms.html
    www.askdramy.com The U.K. online doctor.you can post on a forum, or 'ask the Dr. Amy' with a click. The FAQ Tab on the homepage is also a good place to click and has a lot of good subject matter. P.S. Most of the articles are printable in PDF format.
    Good luck, and keep us posted.

Just don't wait too long to have the normal blood tests for parasites and other dangers to your baby if you might be and start taking vitamins and iron tablets (prenatal type over the counter). The cramping might be reduced by bananas and/or magnesium to help you sleep better at night.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I pregnant? [ 44 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: :confused: please somebody tell me if this sounds like I am pregnant. I started with a thick whitey discharge that didn't smeel or itch Veins especially in my breasts started to show more Breasts look like they have grown slightly Feel fluey, stuffy nose all the time but...

Could I be pregnant? [ 10 Answers ]

Is it possible to be pregnant even with my period so irregular? My last period was January 2006, and I didn't have my period in Feb, and March, but I believe I conceived sometime in April. But I have been having all the symptoms, cramping, nausea, vomiting, my friends tell me my stomach is getting...

Can I be Pregnant? [ 9 Answers ]

I have 2 questions... I have taken a home pregnancy test and have come up negative. I am approximately 2 weeks late for my menstrual cycle. Could I be pregnant and they tests just not detecting the pregnancy hormone? Also, if I am not pregnant and I have just missed this month's period, can I still...

Pregnant? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I'm 22 and on feb 24 I had a reg period but in mar I came on early da 22 and it was barely any bleeding and it was light pink I used a panty liner the whole time now April I didn't come on until the 21st the same thing extra light and only for two days.I took 4 hpt's and all said negative do...

View more questions Search