Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2008, 07:25 AM
    Stephen R. Donaldsons latest from Thomas Covenant series
    Fatal Reverent

This is the continuation of a long series from Donaldson and so far(3 chapters into it) seems a little long winded,Maybe its just me,Maybe I have grown some since the original series started(30 years ago) but it is dragging along like the last book did also,sleepy till certain areas then upbeat,back to sleepy till the ending, which isn't an ending, just a trailer till the next one is released (the next one after this one will be the last of the 12 book series)

I like his writing,the Into the Gap series,Short stories, and others,numerous to say the least.

Anyone else reading this or similar books(Sci-Fi/Fantasy)look me up, lets chat some,

Ken
    MycheleXoXo Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2008, 05:39 AM
    Hope to respond more later-gotta get ready for work! But I am currently reading 2fantasy series and have read most of the Covenant series... was it just me or did Donaldson seem to just make up words throughout the books? ;) And definitely long winded-had to force my way through in order to get to the good parts! Fantasy is absolutely my favorite genre of book and look forward to possibly talking with you soon! I've read some of your posts-so I hope you have an incredible day!!
    XoXo
    Mychele
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MycheleXoXo
    Hope to respond more later-gotta get ready for work! But I am currently reading 2fantasy series and have read most of the Covenant series...was it just me or did Donaldson seem to just make up words throughout the books? ;) And definitely long winded-had to force my way thru in order to get to the good parts! Fantasy is absolutely my favorite genre of book and look forward to possibly talking with you soon! I've read some of your posts-so I hope you have an incredible day!!!
    XoXo
    Mychele
    HI,

Its exciting to find another reader who understands some of his works!!

Yes, I thought he went through the thesaurus out to get words which stretch the mind.

Other posts,, like Chaos and Order... now that was powerful, only to be shot down by a friendly fired round from excon... lol:)

Hope to hear from you soon,

Ken
    MycheleXoXo Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

Jan 9, 2008, 04:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC
    HI,

Its exciting to find another reader who understands some of his works!!!

Yes, I thought he went through the thesaurus out to get words which stretch the mind.

Other posts,,,like Chaos and Order...now that was powerful, only to be shot down by a friendly fired round from excon...lol:)

Hope to hear from you soon,

Ken
    Hey Ken,

Sorry it's taken so long to get back atcha! (migraines are giving me fits this week) :)
    I went back and looked... apparently I have some catching up to do in the Covenant series! I only have (and subsequently have only read) 6 books! The First Chronicles and Second Chronicles... until your post I didn't even know there were more! If you get a chance, could you get me the titles of the ones I'm missing? I like to buy books like this (ones I'm not collecting) from e-bay ;) Much cheaper and as long as all the pages are there, I'm not picky! This way I can find them and then let the reading commence!

I've never read any Sci-Fi... the closest thing I think I've read would have to be The ColdFire Trilogy by C.S. Friedman... pretty good as far as I was concerned. I know Donaldson has some Sci-Fi out there... any recommendations where to start?

Currently I am waiting on the possibly last, but definitely the latest book in the Terry Goodkind series, Confessor... and am anxiously waiting on the 12th in the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan... very, very curious to see how the new writer will handle the job of writing for the recently deceased Jordan. Jordan, like Donaldson, tended to be long winded-at times throwing so many names into the mix (especially names that were very similar and hard to figure out) that I gave up on following who they were... I stuck to the main characters as much as possible and was able to decipher the rest :)

Hope to hear from you soon! Would love to start reading where I thought the Donaldson books ended!
    Take care of yourself today!
    XoXo
    Mychele
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 09:36 PM
    Finally finished the book,

The ending is tremendously better than the beginning,it took a while to get to the jest of the beginning,almost half way through.

Anyway, I hope others will read this book and give some reviews.

Ken
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 31, 2008, 09:44 PM
    My heart belongs to Piers Anthony and his Incarnations of Immortality series.
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 10:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    My heart belongs to Piers Anthony and his Incarnations of Immortality series.
    I am now re-reading the BIO OF A SPACE TYRANT by Piers, got to get through this winter with some updating... re-reading old books to remember the episodes from a fresh perspective.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 31, 2008, 10:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC
    BIO OF A SPACE TYRANT
    That was a good series too. I should read them again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding in St Thomas [ 3 Answers ]

I want ot get married in St in JAN 2004. Around 20 25 guests with air hotl from JFk New York. What is the best locaation to get married. I want really gorgous place. I want a fairtale wedding. Ay info is great . Thanks ::)

Covenant not to collect - affect on the credit report [ 3 Answers ]

We are being sued in a civil suit because I pushed (horse play) my friend off a boat into the water and the boat (no I am not the owner) was parked in an area where when he went into the water, he hit a sand bar and broke his ankle. Our Home Owners Insurance refused to cover it saying that it was...

The latest debate [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone else find it curious that the Dems would hold their latest debate at Howard University, a historically black college, and whine about the Supreme Court's segregation decision? And what do you make of this remark by Biden on the "inequities" between blacks and whites? When...

Does Stephen King use ghost writers? [ 1 Answers ]

A girl I'm studying with claims that Stephen King is using ghost writers (that he writes down his ideas, but makes someone else write the books), and that it's a well-known fact, and that it took so much time for him to write one of his last books because he wrote him himself... I look on the...

Buy: Raising The Ruins By Stephen Flurry [ 8 Answers ]

Where can I buy: Raising The Ruins By Stephen Flurry? (I live in Australia)

View more questions Search