Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PChapman Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2005, 09:01 PM
    Sewer Drain Location in New Construction
    Does anyone know about any rules regarding the location of the sewer drain location. For instance, min distance from a window, etc.

Thanks,

Peter
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 13, 2005, 06:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PChapman
    Does anyone know about any rules regarding the location of the sewer drain location. For instance, min distance from a window, etc.

Thanks,

Peter

Good morning Peter,

If your talking about a basement floor drain they can go anywhere you want them to go. A good idea would be to put it near a wall that has water pipes close so if you ever wish to add a basement shower you already have the drainage in place. Good luck, Tom

Sep 13, 2005, 07:15 PM
    Tom,

The location of the drain will be in a utility room on the first floor. I'm building a apartment above a garage and the utility room is in the garage. I'm a couple of weeks away from pouring the slab.

Thanks...

Peter
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 14, 2005, 06:00 AM
    Tom,

The location of the drain will be in a utility room on the first floor. I'm building a apartment above a garage and the utility room is in the garage. I'm a couple of weeks away from pouring the slab.

Thanks...

Peter
    Good morning Peter,

If you're not planing a shower in the future I'd place the floor drain somewhere near the water heater and the washer just in case there's a overflow. Good luck, Tom

Sep 14, 2005, 08:29 PM
    Hey Tom,

I'm not talking about a floor drain, but instead the main sewer line for the house (from the house to the septic field).

Any rules on placement. Thanks in advance, Peter.
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 15, 2005, 06:46 AM
    Hey Tom,

I'm not talking about a floor drain, but instead the main sewer line for the house (from the house to the septic field).

Any rules on placement. Thanks in advance, Peter.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding Peter,

When we lay a job out we attempt to lay the sewer line out with as few bends as possible and if we do have to make a bend we use 45s, (1/8 bends) or long sweeps. At least you know where to place the floor drain. LOL Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewer clean out location question [ 7 Answers ]

I had some problems with my drain in January and eventually found my clean out under 10 inches of dirt and mulch. Thanks, speedball1, for advice for the cover. Now my neighbor is trying to find her clean out. (She has had some drain issues in the past and the plumbers have told her they...

Shower drain location [ 2 Answers ]

My basement shower drain is about 12" from where I need it to be. Can I use a 6" sub floor and elbows or what are my options? I'd rather not break up the concrete if it can be avoided.

Do washer drain pipes need a sewer trap? [ 1 Answers ]

My hubby has moved our washer and dryer and it works - mostly. We have some soapy foam coming out of the top of the drain pipe. He raised the pipe and we have less, but still some soapy foam. I wish I had checked your forum earlier as I've learned that washers drain with a lot of pressure. ...

Change drain location for New Whirlpool Installation [ 1 Answers ]

My project involves removing an existing 5 foot by 28 inch wide bath tub and installing in its place a 6 foot by 36 inch whirlpool. I have check out all the details and I have the room needed to fit the tub and do the installation properly and also handle the electrical. However I am a novice when...

New construction floor drain [ 3 Answers ]

We just broke ground on our first new home construction. We plan to do many of the sub-contractor jobs ourselves. One job that is coming up soon is the need to setup the basement floor drain which will be for mainly for gray water from the central air condenser (no bathrooms or laundry). I have...

View more questions Search