Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Drjon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2016, 12:46 PM
    Genie pro garage door opener opens but doesn't close
    Genie pro screw drive opens but doesn't close. I took off the cover and everything looked okay but I screwed out (and in tightly) all the green ground screws I could find. None looked loose or corroded. Lo and behold it worked!! Thank you all.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 19, 2016, 01:30 PM
    Could be sunlight on the closer eye, we have this problem at certain times at our church food pantry. I'd make sure the safety eyes are properly aligned and screwed tight to the wall.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garage door opener going close get flashing lights for 10 seconds door does not close [ 2 Answers ]

When I try to close my garage door by using either the remote or the wall button the door will not close, I get a flashing of the 2 lights at the garage opener for 10 seconds. The only way I can get the door to close is to hole the wall button until the door closes. I need help on this one. Can...

Genie Pro 88 Opens but Does Not Close! [ 22 Answers ]

My Genie Pro 88 is about 18 years old. Suddenly it seems to only open. To close it, I must pull the emergency handle to disconnect it, then close manually. However, if I reconnect the mechanism once the door is closed, it opens just fine by remote or by hard wire. If the door is in the open...

Genie 88 garage door opener sensors [ 0 Answers ]

My garage door does not close. We found that one of the spring loded wire of sensor is missing. I like to know what part I have to order for it? Do they have whole sensor or just the spring loaded wire available?

Genie 88 garage door opener [ 0 Answers ]

I have the same problem as everybody else,the door opens about 6 in. and returns right back. After reading all the forum , I performed eveything suggested with no success. What is the problem? Can it be the starter module? Or what else? Thanks Gardoor

Genie pro 88 garage opener won't open completely and won't close [ 1 Answers ]

I have screw type genie pro88 model.It does not have sensors mounted at each side of the door.The door only open half then the door stopped (I have to hold the opener's bottom all the time).If I press the bottom again, the door go down couple inches then go forward couple inches. If I press it...

View more questions Search