Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VTEC Driver Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2005, 09:29 PM
    94 honda civic stops at 5100 RPM'S
    When acelerating any gear the engine hits 5100 rpm and won't go any higher like there is a limiter my dad says that it is the distributer cap and rotor and I wanted another opinion thanks in advanced.
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Jul 25, 2005, 01:35 AM
    5100 rpms sounds like just about the rpms when VTEC kicks in, and I see (from your nickname) that you most likely have a VTEC engine. It makes me think you have a problem with your VTEC. What kind of problem - I wouldn't know.

But by all means - do try giving it a tune up. Spark plugs, distributor cap and rotor, spark plug wires, fuel filter...
    VTEC Driver Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2005, 09:48 AM
    I changed the cap and rotor the plugs and the wires and the problem is still present could anyone tell me how to check my VTEC system thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 Honda suddenly stops [ 2 Answers ]

The problem with this car is driving me crazy. Car starts I am driving for a while and just stops. One time it happened at a red light another time while I was driving. When it stops the radio is still playing, I can use the hazzard lights but the power stearing is out. After a while, it starts...

'90 Civic Stops Then Doesn't Crank for 15 Minutes [ 3 Answers ]

My 1990 manual transmission Honda Civic Lx has recently developed a random problem. It starts fine (both cold and hot) but it randomly quits running while on the road i.e.. The motor just dies (not on every trip). When I go to start it the indicator lights come on but it won't crank or even...

1987 civic dx"rpm's & preignition" [ 1 Answers ]

87 civic 1.5L. This car runs great until it runs awhile. Once warmed up the RPM's begin to erratically surge up and down and while at a light, or on the freeway it stays up at like 4,000rpm. And then when you shut the car off it stays running and makes weird noised and runs very ruff. What is going...

1988 Honda Civic DX - Starts & Stops [ 3 Answers ]

I'm having problems getting my Civic to run consistently. It will run for about 3-4 miles and then stall out and won't start again until it cools off for a couple of hours. When I try to restart it, it sounds like it's going to start but it just won't go all the way. It goes through more coolant...

1993 Civic EX suddenly stops running and won't re-start [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, My girlfriend's Honda Civic (1993 EX model) died within 3 blocks of her workplace the other day. Not being able to troubleshoot the problem in 5 deg weather, I towed it to my house to have a closer look. The car turns over just fine... the engine is not seized, the starter works fine...

View more questions Search