Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Burt S Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 11:47 AM
    Convert toilet waste to shower drain
    I am buying a home where the master bath has his & her toilets. I want to remove one toilet and install a shower in this area. Since the toilet line is already vented, is there any problem with just removing the closet flange and adding a reducing coupler to the 3 or 4 inch wasteline to convert it to a 2 inch waste line for the shower drain? Any advice will be appreciated. I am an attorney in New York and would be happy to supply advice on any area within my expertise. Thanks.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 10, 2007, 08:25 AM
    This isn't going to fly unless you remove the closet bend and reduce to 2" on the remaining horizontal line. A 2" trap and raiser will then have to be installed direcxtly under the shower drain. How well are you versed on Florida Law? Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet and Shower Drain [ 6 Answers ]

Ok I recently purchased a condo and have begun remodeling the bathroom which is on the second floor. I am not very experienced with any of this and was hoping someone could tell me if what I have done so far sounds good. First Question: For the new bathroom I needed to move the toilet over 1'....

Toilet and shower drain problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have had sewer problems for the past 5 months. They came out and snaked the lines twice and put in a clean out and the city changed my lateral. The snake worked the first time for 5 weeks and the second time it didn't but the city said the lateral pipe coming in was loaded with roots and...

Basement drain convert to shower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I am trying to finish off our basement, and I would like to put a shower in place of a cast iron floor drain. I have 3 pictures of the drain as it is right now. I don't care if I use a fiberglass shower pan or if I make a tile shower pan. The floor is already sloped into the drain, but...

Shower & toilet drain/vent [ 2 Answers ]

I'm finishing the basement and have to add a bath tub as well as a toilet. My plan is to have a horizontal 3" tee, one side going to the toilet (about 16"), the second side to a 1 1/2" reducer which leads to the tub (about 24") and the third side ties directly into the main (vertical) 3" stack. Is...

Toilet and Shower Drain Issue [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I moved into a brand new house 6 weeks ago. Over the last two weeks I have been having intermittent problems with the shower drain and the toilet next to it. The toilet will sometimes fill up with water whilst flushing and take quite a whil to go down to normal level. Also sometimes...

View more questions Search