Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dpapin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2004, 09:17 AM
    Children and funerals
    My husband's grandmother, with whom my childeren ages 13 and 8 were very close to just passed away after being ill for the past 3 months. My dilema is we were taking the children to the funeral but NOT the wake. Now, my husbands family is making us feel bad. They thought the children would be there. Know we are second quessing ourselves and think that maybe the 13 year old should go. What are your thoughts on this?
    gurlfulofsmiles Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

May 4, 2004, 11:06 AM
    Re: children and funerals
    In my opinion I think the children both should go especially since they were close. If you don't allow them to go then they will remember that they never got to go. It will be like somewhat of a void to them later. You may think they are too young, but if they are young enough to know someone dies, they are old enough to go, it will also help them deal with death and understand it in a way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

Protesting at Military Funerals? [ 15 Answers ]

What does everyone think about protesting at Military Funerals? I think it is wrong to do this, even though I am against the war. I do believe in freedom of speech, but I think morally people should leave these families to grieve the loss of their loved one. After all they died fighting for our...

Will we have more children? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband was diagnosed in 2004 with cancer. He went through about 8 months of treatment (chemo and radiation). I've read a lot about the type of chemo he was given and have found that one of the side effects is often infertility. We didn't have anytime to plan out what we were going to...

View more questions Search