Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MercyT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2013, 08:05 PM
    Restraining Order child custody
    I have partial custody with my ex whom I have a restraining order on. I have my son on weekends because me and the ex live about an hour away and the judge wanted him to go to school in the larger city. Anyway there is a three day weekend this week and I was wondering if that would count as part of the weekend that I should have my son? The ex is being hardheaded and trying to be manipulative about it, I just need to know if I have the right to have him the whole three day weekend. Thank you!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 8, 2013, 04:58 AM
    Unless it is written into the custody agreement then a weekend is just that. It does not include holidays. Holidays are considered separate. They should be in there and how they are treated on a year to year basis.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 8, 2013, 05:35 AM
    First read the visitation order. Does it say weekends or does it specify pickup on Friday and return on Sunday? Are holidays treated separately elsewhere in the order? We really can't answer without seeing the wording of the order.

If you and your ex are fighting over this, then the only real answer is to go back to the court and ask for clarification.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restraining order and child custody [ 2 Answers ]

If I were to get a restraining order on my spouse, who is currently keeping my kids from me (who happen to be infants, one has a strong bond with me, my bond with the younger one is still growing and has been interrupted due to this), would this give me full temporary custody of them? I don't want...

Restraining order,custody,kidnapping,what should I do? [ 3 Answers ]

In June my restraining order on my daughters dad ends. I'm worried about what's going to happen if we go to fight for custody and visitation. Here is the story: June of 2012 I left him after he beat me and took off with my daughter for 24 hours I had no clue where she was. I got the restraining...

Restraining order custody? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a restraining order and I asked for legal and physical custody which was granted. My question os do I need my son's father to go with me to get his passport to travel?

Restraining order and child custody [ 1 Answers ]

What if me and my husband have a restraining order and I have sole legal custody and never showed up in court. We both did not show up in court. Do the current orders stay in effect or what happens?

View more questions Search