Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melfarra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2006, 02:41 PM
    Run command not found
    Please I can't find the run command in my start list.

How to reenable it to run regedit..

Please help..
    hardmanphil Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Nov 18, 2006, 04:25 PM
    Hi,

Does pressing the Windows Key + R still activate Run?

If not check for this entry in your registery and remove it:

Hive: HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    Key: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies \Explorer
    Name: NoRun
    Type: REG_DWORD
    Value: 1
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2006, 05:27 PM
    If you are running XP do the following:
    - right-click on the Start button and select Properties
    - in the Start Menu tab click on Customize
    - put a checkmark in the box beside "Display Run" and click OK
    check_himu Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

May 4, 2007, 10:56 PM
    Hye! There are two answers for your question. Please try them before following mine

Hello!try the following
    Open my computer. Go to drive in which windows is loaded(generally c.open the WINDOWS folder.open the system32 folder.now search for a file(not folder) named gpedit.
    Double click on it to open it. See at left side.there will be written at top "Local Computer Policy".below it there will be user configuration(below computer configuration).below it there will be administartive tempelates.double click on it to open it.there will be a folder named Start menu and Taskbar.click on it.then in right side many settings will come.
    Find the setting named Remove Run menu from Start Menu. Double click on it.a setting box will open up.
    There will be three options Not Configured, Enabled and Disabled. Perhaps Enabled will be selected. Choose Not Configured there and click on Apply and then click OK. Then if your problem is solved it's OK. But perhaps run will disappear from start menu. Now repeat the same thing that means go to the setting box again. Again click on Not Configured and then click apply and on OK.
    Now your problem must be solved
    Try it!
    praveenanekere Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2009, 04:02 AM
    Hi,

When I double click on administartive tempelates and double click on it to open, I am not getting Start menu and Taskbar. I am only getting Windows Media Player and Windows update. Please assist.

Nov 8, 2009, 04:03 AM

Any one could u assist
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2009, 04:11 AM
    There is no such thing as "Administrative Templates" menu option in Windows. What program are you using?

Nov 8, 2009, 04:19 AM
    I was just following the steps which someone had posted... just two posts above my question... now how do I get to see Run command
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2009, 04:40 AM
    Are you on a home/personal computer or a work computer?

Nov 8, 2009, 04:52 AM
    At home computer... when click on windows+r, I am getting the below error message... "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system adminstrator." Please assist
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2009, 05:02 AM
    I've seen many viruses do this. If you are unable to to update your AV then that's the virus. Try running this from a usb key in Safe Mode: Malwarebytes.org
    rohit1903 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2011, 12:11 PM
    At home computer... When click on windows+r, I am getting the below error message... "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system adminstrator." Please assist

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ping not recognized as internal or external command [ 9 Answers ]

When running cmd C:\Documents and Settings\... \ping I get the following error 'ping' is not recognized as an internal or external command. Please help me solve my problem Thanks

How to Copy the contents in command prompt? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have given a command in command prompt (say ant) and then it will be executing the files. My question is how to copy that which is in command prompt to a file say notepad. While I am running autobuilder\ant, it will be showing all that in command prompt and the process takes hours. I want...

Commands in the Startup menu in the MSCONFIG command [ 4 Answers ]

Would anyone please explain to me what these commands do, plus if it's possible, what consequence is going to happen if I cancel anyone of them from the startup menu. By the way, I have a toshiba laptop with XP home edition. Startup Item-------- Command NDSTray ------ ...

Dos Command Window [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Friends, I have scheduled a batch file to start of in the night. I want to see the DOS window to remain open and not close after execution. I want this this to check the next morning if all the actions went OK. Is there any command that can keep the DOS screen open till I close. Thanks...

How use AT command to set a modem default to voice [ 1 Answers ]

Recently, I bought a headphone come with mic. I plug in the cable speaker and mic from headphone to my modem port (speaker & mic) accordingly. After I dialed a phone number, I can hear someone voice. I unable to speak to them. Why ? I got some advise from my friend that I need to turn on "duplex"...

View more questions Search