Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missyhen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 08:10 PM
    Grad school or time off?
    I graduated from college in December 06 and I am currently living at home and working in my home town at the local hospital. I have been here since I was four and never even left for college. I want to pursue my master's in Speech Language Pathology, I have applied to three schools and been accepted to two. I am thinking more and more I am not quite ready and want to take some time off. I would like to be a flight attendant for about 2 yrs. Then go to grad school, I have already applied with 3 airlines. I am only 24 and feel like I just need a break and want to also pay down some debt. I am so confused! Any advice is appreciated!
    deedee06 Posts: 47, Reputation: 6

May 29, 2007, 08:14 PM
    Sounds like a great plan to me... do what you want to do... paying off some debt will help you out in the long run... make sure to save up some money too to prepare for grad school costs... hey you are only 24, you have your whole life ahead of you... remember once you graduate from grad school, and get the job you aspire to, then you will be with that job probably for the rest of your life so do something different... just be sure that you will still have the opportunity to reapply in two years
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 29, 2007, 09:21 PM
    I agree with deedee06. Good answer above!
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 11:41 AM
    It's a great idea. My friend actually did the opposite - got the Masters then decided to have fun and became a flight attendant (loves it by the way). Good luck!
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Jul 25, 2007, 09:27 AM
    I agree with the answers above. I went straight from a BA to a Master's, and have since decided that I should have taken a year or two off. However, during your time off I think it wise to keep up with your intended field. Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for classmates from East Allegheny High School Who grad. In 86 or 87 . [ 1 Answers ]

Just wondering what happened to everyone! IF you went to EA in north versailles Pa. hope to here from you.

How to talk to a girl in the school for the first time [ 1 Answers ]

How to talk to a girl in the school for the first time

Future Grad school on resume? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm attending a career fair next week at my undergraduate institute(I'm a senior right now). I know that in September, I will be attending graduate school at another college to get my Master's. Should I put that on my resume? If so, what should it look like? Right now, the education part of my...

Grad school after OPT [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Firstly, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I am an undergraduate student with Indian citizenship in my senior year. I will be receiving a BA in computer science in May of this year. I have a few questions. After graduating in May of 2007, I will start my 12 month OPT...

Boyfriends still in school and its time for university in a different country [ 11 Answers ]

I've been seeing a guy for almost two years but he still has one year to go in school. I love him to pieces and want to stay with him. But I've always heard that long distance relationships don't work. I know I would see him during holidays but I also feel like I might be missing out on university...

View more questions Search