Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wollner187 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2009, 08:39 AM
    Warm/Cool air is only coming out of my furnace.
    Now that fall is here I tried to turn on my gas furnace.
    However it is only pushing out warm air.
    My boyfriend and I checked the fans, they appear to be working. We checked the pilot. That is working fine as well. Also per the light on my furnace everything is working normally. Is there any remaining reason why it would only be pushing out warm air? Please help.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 30, 2009, 08:47 AM
    Warm air is what you want to heat but not enough warm aie can be a different problem. Is the thermostat turned to heat and the temperature set high enough for it to come on?

Sep 30, 2009, 09:11 AM

The thermostat was turned up to 80 and was on heat.

Sep 30, 2009, 09:55 AM
    If the main power is on and the thermostat is set to heat it should turn on as long as you have gas being supplied to the unit. Do you have a working knowledge of electric and a meter to test voltage with? Also what is the brand and the EXACT model number.

Sep 30, 2009, 10:16 AM

My boyfriend has a meter to test voltage
    And a general understanding of electric. It's a mobile home gas furnace made by Coleman Evcon dgat070bdt

Sep 30, 2009, 10:27 AM
    Test 115 volt power to make sure it is getting to the furnace from the main electric panel. Then check the transformer and make sure it is putting out about 24 volts.

Sep 30, 2009, 10:29 AM
    If the unit has a ignitor that glows to light off the pilot check it to be sure it is good and also make sure the circuit board is supplying power to the ignitor when there is a call for heat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heater blowing warm-cool air, but not hot [ 8 Answers ]

I have continued to have problems with my apartments stating that they fix my thermostat and that my heater is fine. Why would my heater be coming on at 68 degrees and constantly staying on? My heater is now blowing somewhat cool air and the temp is set right under 80 degrees. I have my own unit...

Carrier furnace, cool air instead of heat coming out [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, Can someone please help me, my furnace has a problem I think. Cool air instead of heat is coming out from the ducts. Thanks

First warm, later cool air [ 1 Answers ]

From an email: ''Dear Labman, You seem to give really intelligent answers on the website I just found on heating problems. Can you help me?. here is the problem as I described it. Thanks in advance for any knowledge you might share. Hoping for help here. I recently had my ignitor...

Cool shower, warm faucet [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, My shower this morning was very cool, but the water temp to other faucets in the house seemed normal. Any idea why the shower was so cool? Thanks

View more questions Search