Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janettalisa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2012, 07:26 PM
    Can I get temporary emergency custody of her son?
    My step daughter lives with me with her son. She has left to "work" and left her son here with my adult daughter babysitting. She has not returned in 5 days now. Can I get emergency custody of my step grandchild?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 16, 2012, 07:37 PM
    If she is only gone 5 days, and everyone agreed to "babysit" for her while she is gone, no,

What was the agreement, you can't agree to baby sit and then go to get custody.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 16, 2012, 07:55 PM
    No, but you should try to get temporary guardianship in case of an emergency.

Do you have a way of contacting the mother?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 16, 2012, 08:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by janettalisa View Post
    ... Can i get emergency custody of my step grandchild?
    What is the emergency? You have de facto custody now. Why do you figure you need an emergency order to make it de jure?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to obtain emergency temporary custody [ 2 Answers ]

The father has legal custody but is now incarsarated for back child support on another child.Can I get temporary emergency custody?

Emergency temporary custody [ 2 Answers ]

I had temp custudy of my niece,that was not court orderd ,the mother singed a letter for 6months. So she could get her life together,instesd she only got worse warrants,drugs and jail. She came and took the baby back after the 6months is their anything, I can to to get her back.

How do I get temporary custody or emergency custudy [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I are split up and we are filing for divorce, I currently staying with my mother till I get financially stable again.He took the car and everything.So I'm starting over.We have a 4 yr old daughter together and he took her over the weekend,He called Friday night and then he never...

Emergency temporary custody [ 1 Answers ]

How to long does it take to get emergency temporary custody in Florida

View more questions Search