Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kathyp1 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2012, 01:27 PM
    Kay chiromo painting - africa
    I have a painting of warriors in african traditional dress signed kay chiromo 1975 I have found limited information but would really like more information and a value if possible, I also have one by m. Evans so would appreciate any info available thanks kathy
    nyondoyona Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2012, 06:04 AM
    Late Kay Chiromo was one of (if not) the great artist Malawi had ever seen.
    Kay Chiromo (b 1951) served as head of the fine art section at the University of Malawi. He received an MFA from the Pratt Institute in 1986, and he illustrated books and produced a documentary video. His oil paintings are irregularly shaped canvases, their surfaces sometimes built up with fabric, sand or pebbles to produce a deep relief. His paintings have been exhibited at the 1982 United States Information exhibition in Lusaka, in a one-man exhibition in 1984 at the Africa Centre, London, at the Akwaa-Harrison Gallery, Toronto, and the Workshop Platform, Durban, in 1989.
    kathyp1 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2012, 11:06 AM
    thanks so much, would you know how many paintings he has and where they are? I believe he did exhibit in london as well? And values?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mary Kay Consultant [ 6 Answers ]

I am an Independent Beauty Consultant for Mary Kay and I have invested about $1900 in the inventory. Was that a smart choice? Any suggestions would be great. And what is the best way to conduct this business??

Marion Kay Spices [ 10 Answers ]

Are Marion Kay Spices everwhere? Does anyone else have them in their cities and grocery stores?

Kay so how much fun would you have with this? [ 9 Answers ]

My fun lasted a whole 5 minutes. So we'll see. :) http://svt.se/hogafflahage/hogafflaHage_site/Kor/hestekor.swf Click on each of them and they sing different things

View more questions Search