Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yowieman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2008, 03:33 AM
    Model Ship Building
    I have my first wooden ship kit of a Spanish Galleon I'm having trouble lining the ships hull without splitting the timber. I soke the timber in water prior to bending ( If that is part of the problem )any helpful advice would be appreciated. : )
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 11, 2008, 03:38 AM
    It's been a long time since I have thought about this, but if I recall correctly, I have heard that adding linseed oil to the water or soaking parts in the linseed oil can help with the wood being more flexible. But again, it's been a long time since I've thought about that kind of thing.
    Uber Member

May 13, 2008, 01:40 AM
    I got your private message. You're welcome! I hope that using the linseed oil works for you! :)
    Uber Member

May 19, 2008, 01:20 AM
    I would appreciate knowing if the linseed oil does work! Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Recommend any Good book on Equity research model building [ 0 Answers ]

Hye I am a Chartered Accountant working in an equity brokerage firm in india. Can u . Recommend any good book on how to built Equity research models. I am an entry level equity research analyst working in fully dedicated brokerage firm and want to develop equity research model but I don't...

Antique model ship [ 2 Answers ]

I recently purchased an antique medieval carrack ship modeled after a ship in the 14th-15th century. The artist used burlap for the sails. It has a solid wood hull. Does anyone have experience with the history of model ship building and the various materials used during different point in...

Model ship building: Getting started [ 1 Answers ]

So I've decided to take up a hobby, and I've mostly decided on model ship building... old sailing ships, mainly, but warships up through WWII era are interesting as well. When I was a kid, I built a few model cars... nothing really complex, and cars never really held much of a fascination for me...

Orka following a ship? [ 2 Answers ]

Why could a Killer Whale follow a ship? A friend of mine told me a story about an orca, following his ship for 16 days during the course through Atlantic up to Gibraltar, where it turned back... Only following, like playing, singing for all these nights, a "song" that was more like a baby...

View more questions Search