Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lucy1314 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2017, 08:29 AM
    Further mechanics
    In a rollercoaster, for a passenger to remain in contact with his seat, the centripetal force must equal the weight. Why is this?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 25, 2017, 04:41 AM
    Yes, well actually centripetal force must be less than the person's weight for him to remain in his seat. I think it's better to think about this in terms of acceleration: at the top of an arc of the roller coaster the centripetal acceleration downward of the coaster must be less than gravitational acceleration in order to stay in the seat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mechanics lien [ 1 Answers ]

Mechanics lien how long do I have to collect for work perfomed

Elementry mechanics [ 2 Answers ]

please I need help urgently ( 1.) A passenger in a moving car and a passerby standing at the road side see each other as moving in the opposite direction. Which of the following is not true?< The passenger is in motion relative to the passer-by The passer-by is stationery relative to the...

Ear mechanics [ 0 Answers ]

Just I want to know the holly mechanism of person to hear?

Any mechanics out there that can help me? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Lincoln Navigator and lately it has been making this squeaky noise when I drive slow and seems to be getting worse.I am unable to take it to be fixed right now so I just wanted to see if maybe someone knows what it might be.The noise I'm not sure what side it is coming from but it...

Solid mechanics [ 1 Answers ]

How long must a force F be applied to a mass M to change the velocity of the mass by 2 m/s if · F = 1471 N · M = 153 kg

View more questions Search