Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wlara Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2011, 11:19 PM
    Any mechanics out there that can help me?
    I have a 2000 Lincoln Navigator and lately it has been making this squeaky noise when I drive slow and seems to be getting worse.I am unable to take it to be fixed right now so I just wanted to see if maybe someone knows what it might be.The noise I'm not sure what side it is coming from but it sounds like its around the tire area.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Mar 30, 2011, 04:55 AM
    The decision to not get this diagnosed now could cost you more if you continue to drive your vehicle.
    Take your truck in for a complimentary brake inspection.
    Most brake shops will inspect your brakes for free. Plus, most shops have someone who's competent enough to inspect your suspension at the same time. If you tell them that you're hearing noises, they can help diagnose this. Make sure you're aware of any potential diagnosis charges before they proceeded.
    Camaro00440 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2011, 01:39 PM
    Yes.. I agree with CaptainRich, brakes sometimes come with sensors the rub up against your rotors that will squeak when your brake linings are getting wore down. It's there to tell you that you better get your brakes serviced!!
    wlara Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2011, 06:28 PM
    Comment on CaptainRich's post
    This squeaky sound doesn't really sound like the sound of brakes going bad.It sounds more like if you were to bounce up and down in your car that noise that it makes except this noise is constant and louder.My truck also leans more to one side not sure if this has anything to do with the noise.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2011, 05:38 AM

Struts normally need replacing around 90,000 miles. Look into Monroe Quick Struts, with a lifetime warranty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solid mechanics [ 1 Answers ]

How long must a force F be applied to a mass M to change the velocity of the mass by 2 m/s if · F = 1471 N · M = 153 kg

For aircraft mechanics [ 11 Answers ]

1.> Are aircraft mechanics required to ride on an airplane after they repaired it? (answered by: FlyYakker and Flying Blue Eagle) Next question: Is it worth it to be an aircraft mechanic? The experience, the late night shifts, the benefits (would you prefer to change to another job? Or it's...

Engineering mechanics [ 2 Answers ]

What is diffrence between mechanical enginering and engineering mechanics

Structural mechanics. [ 1 Answers ]

How do columns behave under load?

View more questions Search