Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LinkLike Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2006, 06:27 PM
    Red skin left from scab on my face
    I ordered a mole-removing product over the Internet called Wart and Mole Vanish from Pristine Herbal Touch (http://www.wartmolevanish.com), to get rid of the mole on the back of my cheek, right below my ear. When I first putting it on, I not only applied the product to the small mole, but to some of the surrounding skin as well. This resulted in the formation of a scab, which was about as large as a quarter - larger than the mole was before it!

After about a week and a half, the scab finally slid off during a hot shower - and the mole was gone all right! But for the past couple of days, I have been left with a patch of bright red/pinkish skin where the scab once was, again, about the size of a quarter, and on my cheek! I feel that this is even more noticeable than the mole once was, as it’s a lot bigger, and very red. It has been this way for about 4 or 5 days, and I am very eager to get rid of this red flag on the side of my cheek.

The first day after the scab came off, I put some Vitamin E on it – straight from the capsule, then I read someplace to use Aloe Vera Gel on it, and I have been instead using that for the last 3 days, twice a day, and nothing seems to be happening. I have also been covering it up with a band-aid, because I've also read that sunlight is bad for it during this stage? But anyway, I am very self-conscious about this, and at this point I would rather have a skin-colored scar than a bright red circle on my face. I also read somewhere online that this could take months, because it is so large – and that thought really scared me… a lot.

So does anybody know of a way to either successfully (and quickly) get rid of this, OR a way to cover it up (like the name of some product that could mask this until it heals)? If anybody could recommend anything… I would really appreciate it, to an extent you would not believe.

Thank You
    tinacasler Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Mar 18, 2006, 06:29 PM
    My only piece of advice is go to the doctor, I bet they can give you medicine to treat it quickly and tell you why it is there.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 22, 2006, 01:51 AM
    LinkLike, that area has been infected. If you have moles on your face, do not attempt to remove them yourself, it is best to have it surgically removed. It's not going to heal properly, so I suggest that you go see a Dermatologist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scab [ 3 Answers ]

I have a scab on my knee that keeps cracking each time I bend it, is it best to keep the scab covered up with cream on it (it goes soggie) or keep it dry and let it keep cracking?

My son left me to live with his father [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 16 year old son, soon to be 17 next week. He had been disrespectful to me when he was living here, telling me I get on his nerves, and just being nasty to me. I had sole custody since I divorced his father when he was 2. My ex hates me and has always done so. I started taking my son to...

Scab on knee is like a large pimple with liquid under and is raised w/o healing norma [ 1 Answers ]

Dear whomever would be kind enough to help: I fell on my knee in September, we neglected to nightly prepp the area with peroxide and antibiotic ointment. We noticed tonight that it is like a 1/2" round pimple raised and a bit hard and my dad feels that it has to be cut off and heal all over. Is...

Knee won't scab over [ 1 Answers ]

I skidded out in the bike part of a triathlon last Sunday and skinned my knee, arm, etc. The bruises are awesome! I'm worried that the scab on my knee keeps cracking open because it's on a joint (obviously). Should I keep it covered with neosporin or something so it doesn't crack... it'll never...

Knee won't scab over [ 2 Answers ]

I skidded out in the bike part of a triathlon last Sunday and skinned my knee, arm, etc. The bruises are awesome! I'm worried that the scab on my knee keeps cracking open because it's on a joint (obviously). Should I keep it covered with neosporin or something so it doesn't crack... it'll never...

View more questions Search