Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keywestsigns Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2008, 12:26 PM
    Garage door will close but not open with wall switch
    Our garage door is a challenger photo sense model p1534. It will close with the wall switch but will not open and the light blicks on and off, nothing is blocking the sensors is there a reset buttom for th sensor our the whole unit. We can figure out why will it close but would not open.. HELP!
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Apr 6, 2008, 01:27 PM
    Press the unlock button.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Apr 9, 2008, 02:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by keywestsigns
    HELP !!
    If hkstroud's advice did not work, please post that here, so that he and others know that, and can advice alternative options!
    ;)
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2008, 12:11 PM
    See if you can have some one push button to go up, and help lift the door. Maybe the spring is not helping the weight of the door. I forget the name of the switch right now, It senses excessive pressure, one for up and 1 for down. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garage Door will not close [ 4 Answers ]

When I press the wall switch, the garage door will move forward a few inches and then stop. If I hit the switch again it will reverse back to the starting position. If I keep doing this a few times it will eventually close all the way. But then when I open it up again it will start doing the same...

Garage door wiil close but not open [ 2 Answers ]

Our garage door challenger photo sense model p1534 will close with switch but will not open what's wrong?

Garage door does not close [ 3 Answers ]

The door moves down a few inches and stops. If I pull it manually and press the remote it does close. There is no problem opening it with the remote. The sensors are aligned. Thanks

Garage Door won't open fully [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lift master garage door opener. It works fine on the downward trip but on the upward trip the door stops approx 1 foot off the ground. I can put my finger under the door and lift it while it is in motion and it will complete the upward trip without interuption. Little pressure is being...

View more questions Search