Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jennie222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2006, 11:07 AM
    Birth Certificate
    I just received an updated copy of my husband's birth certificate, he will be retiring soon and needs to show proof of his birth date.
    On the certificate it shows his mother as being the lady who adopted him when he was in his 40's. (for legal purposes, estate and other)

Is this done as a common practice? He was born in Missouri.

I am glad I have an older copy of the original birth certificate (hard to read). I have done family research and I think changing information would be against the law without a notation on the updated copy.

Thank you
    Jen
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 19, 2006, 11:10 AM
    An adoption usually means filing an amended birth certificate. How the local registrar works as to whether they indicate the because was amended depends on them. If it's a certified copy from the bureau of records then I wouldn't worry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth certificate [ 5 Answers ]

As an adult is there any way to get your parents names off your birth certificate? Can that area of the birth certificate be blank?

Adoptiin birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

If a stepfather adopts his step children they are issued with an adoption birth certificate with their new surname name on can they now use that one instead of their original birth certificate ?

Birth Certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I gave birth to my child but it wasn't my ex husband. We were separated for a while but we didn't get a divorce yet. In child birth certificate, there is no name on the father status because I was still married. Hospital left it blank because I was still married. Now that I'm divorce. I want the...

Birth certificate help needed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there My name is jason guse. I currently have no identification and I have not had any for a number of years now . I have to use friends accounts for my money and I can't drive anymore because my license has exspired my problem is I live in new zealand but I was born in brisbane . Australia...

Replacement Australian birth certificate? [ 2 Answers ]

Please, please can someone help me? :confused: My 15 yr old daughter needs a copy of her birth certificate. She was born in Australia but has resided in the UK since she was 4 mnths old. She now desperately needs a copy of her Australian Birth certificate to open a bank account for her wages...

View more questions Search