Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barevalo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 08:36 PM
    I was given a notice to go to court to start eviction proceedings. The thing is I don't owe my lanlord anything. I have been late a few times w/ rent but I always pay and w/ the penilty fee. I am having money problems and I am pregnant and already have 3 kids. Do they have the right to evict me?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 7, 2007, 05:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by barevalo
    I was given a notice to go to court to start eviction proceedings. The thing is I don't owe my lanlord anything. I have been late a few times w/ rent but I always pay and w/ the penilty fee. I am having money problems and I am pregnant and already have 3 kids. Do they have the right to evict me?
    First, its not a good idea to piggy back your question on someone else's thread, especially when it has nothing to do with that thread which is what you did, so I requested this be moved to its own thread in the approrpaite forum.

You left out a very important piece of info. The terms of your lease.
    Generally, you cannot be evicted for chronic lateness. But if your lease has expired and you are on a month to month basis, then the landlord can force you out with just one month's notice. So, you should also start looking for a place to move to. If the landlord wants you out, they will find a way.

Make sure you have all your cancelled checks and/or receipts for the hearing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eviction [ 8 Answers ]

In Mississippi, what are the laws concerning a parent evicting an adult child? And what steps would need to be taken.

Help with eviction [ 1 Answers ]

I have a x that I'm trying to get out of my home in FL she won't leave and I understand that I have to evict her but I don't understand what I need to do she pays no rent. I'm gave her a seven day letter today and she told me she wasn't leaveing. I don't understand the steps from my county...

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

Eviction [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 18 yr old, nearly 19. He does not want to help out around the house. Bad influence on 15 yr old. Pays 300 dollars a month rent. I want him to move out and be on his own. How can I make him leave?

FL eviction [ 1 Answers ]

The tenants in my rental home have not paid rent this month. It is now twenty-nine days past due. I have not been able to contact them for three weeks. They are never home and don't answer the phone. What steps do I take in Fl. To evict.

View more questions Search