Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JamieHolmes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 12:13 PM
    CC company offering a settlement?
    The situation is this... The credit card company has offered a settlement that is lower than the balance on the card. The card is deliquent by months. Pay the settlement? How does that effect credit history and credit score? Would the company report this payoff?
    heather83 Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Mar 1, 2007, 12:47 PM
    I've actually just looked up this information for myself--if you Google it you'll get a bunch of websites that will give you a bunch of tips and ways to deal with it.

But I heard that sometimes paying of the debt collector does not get rid of the bill. Sometimes they'll send it back to the original creditor and you'll still be stuck paying the rest of the bill anyway. You can fight it, but in most cases a judge will rule in favor of the creditor. I threw in a couple sites for you to check out... maybe something will help. Just be careful and request everything in writing and DO not pay with a credit or direct deposit from your bank because then you have NO paper trail. It's best to pay with check, that way if something does happen and they decided to show back up later, you have physical proof that you paid the bill.

Fair Debt Collection 12 tips for negotiating with debt collectors - MSN Money

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the universities offering ms in abroad [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: hi My name is rehman I am doing my b.tech in biotechnology I want to know what are the universities offering biotech in us and what are the best universities.please help me friends OK good bye.

Company Introduction Letter (B2B) for a HR services outsourcing company [ 10 Answers ]

How can I make a good company Introduction letter (B2B), for a HR outsourcing company? Please help me out with any free samples.

Offering services [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have started my own business, but I have problem writing letter to other small and mid size businesses to offer them services and introduction about my company. My idea is to email them first this letter. Can anyone help me ? Thank you

Auto Accident: Damage Settlement not Injury Settlement [ 13 Answers ]

Hello all and thank you in advance for your kind answers. My Girlfriend was involved in an accident in November. Here are some key points about the event. 1. Accident Fault - Fault was clearly the other driver Documented in the Police report. 2. Vehicle is currently financed - In both of...

View more questions Search