Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2006, 09:22 AM
    Tummy toning and exercises
    I'm 5'6" 19 years old and 135-140 pounds. I'm not looking to loose a ton of weight or anything but I was wondering what exercises can be done to flatten your belly... I don't feel overweight I just want to have a nice toned mid-driff... could you also tell me how they are done (the exercises) thank you very much for your time
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2006, 09:46 AM
    Crunches are great first step. Check the first couple links here:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
    Star_Girl_123 Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Aug 27, 2006, 11:57 PM
    Binx,

Unfortunately, the ugly science-proven truth is that you can't spot reduce, meaning tone or flatten just one part of your body. Doing hundreds of crunches will make next to no spot of difference - yes, you may develop great ab muscles but they will be hidden underneath the extra fat covering your stomach.

A good cardio and weight training routine, good diet, PAIRED with ab work is all you need.

Cheers
    Star
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2006, 07:36 AM
    Thanks a bunch for your input

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Exercises and heart disease [ 3 Answers ]

I think I have problems with my heart because I have chest pains and left arm pains too,also arythmic beats of the heart.but I love bodybuilding and I am a beginner in it ,do 45 minutes including 15 minutes warm-up harm my heart more.my barbell is 40 kg and my dummbell 8 kg

Exercises to do when you are overweight [ 3 Answers ]

My sister is very overweight around the middle but her back stops her from doing sit ups , she can't walk more than about 20 steps and she has to stop. She had back surgery 2 years ago and she is still in pain. She is 58 yrs old and has had panic attacks and anxiety attacks when you least expect...

Quadracep Exercises [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to strenghthen my quads using an at home exercise. I don't have access to a gym. Any suggestions? Thanks. >>>Marco

View more questions Search