Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2006, 06:20 PM
    Amend FAQ--My Honda Civic Won't Start--Read Here Before You Post
    I suggest amending the "sticky" to include a section on testing MAP sensors. Many people are having similar "non-start" problems (no spark, fuel pump won't run, etc.) and this "Key" sensor is being completely overlooked. Some are unnecessarily replacing main relays, ICMs (igniters), coils, and distributors.
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Jun 22, 2006, 01:02 AM
    I will provide this info as soon as I find a bit of time. At the moment, I'm having a lot of exams at university and it's taking away most of my time.

Good suggestion, though!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

89 Civic swapped engine will not start. Read sticky [ 16 Answers ]

I will try to keep this short. I have had this 89 hatchback civic for many years. My brother drove it and had the head gasket replaced. After this it always smoked a lot.This was about 5 years ago so it has been sitting. I found a 90 wagon model donor car with a bad tranny and decided to buy it and...

Need to start my Honda Civic [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 93 civic and it decided to stop working the other day, doesn't even try to start. I tried jumping it but that does't seem to work. I just checked this website here and realized that there are about 7-8 different things that it could be, and I would probably have to take my axel off to...

91 Honda Civic 1.5 won't start [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, so now the ignitor and the coils have been replaced and the car still will not start. My neighbor, who is a Honda mechanic, says that my only other option is to replace the computer... IS THIS TRUE>>?? :(

91 Honda Civic 1.5 won't start [ 11 Answers ]

I bought this car... it ran terrible. I had the fuel tank and lines drained due to contaminated fuel. Then I had a tune up done to it by my friend who is a Honda Mechanic. It ran but continued to have a miss (w/ no noise) just a jerk in the car that I could feel and my passengers. If and when it...

FAQ - My Honda Civic Won't Start - Read Here Before You Post [ 7 Answers ]

So, your 88-91 Fuel Injected Honda Civic won't start? Many people here had similar problems (including me), and I'll try to explain a few troubleshooting tips that might help you get your Civic running again. Even if your Civic is a bit older, or a bit newer - you might find some interesting...

View more questions Search