Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wionc100 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2004, 10:00 AM
    Possible virus...
    I was running AVG anti-virus, and it just stopped working... it would start to scan then completely close out, so I deleted it off my computer and re installed it I had the same problem so I got norton and I had the same problem. So I'm guessing I have something on my computer that's turning them off, but I have no idea what. I've ran spybot, and an online virus scan. I'm not sure if this is related or not but after my computer has been on awhile my windows media player and MSN messenger won't open, I just reset and they work.

Anything I can do besides reformate?
    alicka Posts: 110, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2004, 08:53 PM
    Re: possible virus...
    g'day, go to www.trendmicro.com they have a free scan there. Sounds pretty bad, trend will pick up all current virus's and past 1's as well. Hope that does the trick for you... ;D
    Get back with you results~

Regards~
    Star_Man Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2004, 09:54 AM
    Re: possible virus...
    This is a very good piece of software to use when looking for viruses/worms/trojans etc.

Before you use Stinger, DISABLE System Restore, if you don't and there is a virus etc on your computer, System Restore enabled will mask the virus and won't pick it up.

If stinger finds a threat it will let you know and delete it. Turn ON System Restore and CREATE a Restore Point.

[It does state I am a 'newbie' here on this site, but that's only because I've just discovered it.]

I am an advanced user of the XP Windows System

http://download.nai.com/products/mca.../stinger.exe">
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Dec 24, 2004, 03:05 AM
    Trendmicro will typically be your best option here. If you run other antivirus options then that is fine too but you don't want to omit the trendmicro scan available at www.trendmicro.com.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Virus, please help [ 15 Answers ]

I've got a message on my computer saying C:\WINDOW\TEMP\SE.DLL is infected with trojan horse start page.19.J I haven't a clue what to do, please help.

Possible New Virus [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Emails are being circulated and forwarded with a new virus warning, for which there are not yet any Antivirus Definitions. The following may or may not be a Hoax. A new virus is going around. It comes to you in email with the subject line "A Card for You". If you open this email, the...

Virus [ 4 Answers ]

I have trend Pcillin virus scanner which finds the follwing viruses : ADW_NCASE.A ADW_MIWAY WORM SOBER A These are shown as deleted but when I scan again they are still there When I do AVG virus scan - these do not show Helppppp please - are they there or not Thanks

Anti virus disable, is is a virus? [ 1 Answers ]

I was running AVG atni-virus, and it just stopped working... it would start to scan then completely close out, so I deleted it off my computer and re installed it I had the same problem so I got norton and I had the same problem.  so I'm guessing I have something on my computer that's turning them...

View more questions Search