Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deecats Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2007, 09:14 PM
    Teen modeling in japan
    My daughter who is 15 wanted me to take her to a small modeling agency in our home town. I finally gave in and took her. They were so excited when we walked in that they took us to miami to 5 top agency's and everyone of them were throwing contracts at us. A large agency from ny even flew in a manager to meet her. We have been to NY twice. Now they have a big contract they want me to sign for her to go to Japan. They said when she gets back in 4 weeks she will be big. They told me that I can only go for 1 week and she will have to stay for 3 weeks at their model apartment by her self with a chaperon that they will set up. My question is would this be a wrong thing for me to send my 15 year old daughter to a strange country who don't speak our langrage?
    huno Posts: 336, Reputation: 75

Jun 30, 2007, 10:42 PM
    This sounds like a scam to me. But even if it's not, if your daughter has "everyone of them... throwing contracts at us," why go to Japan at all? Can't she get start her career in the U.S.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2007, 11:35 PM
    I wouldn't leave my daughter with anyone that I didn't know. Why are you not allowed? That would be a big sign to me. I wouldn't go through with it unless having your daughter be big is more important than keeping her safe. Tell her no way, let's find something closer to home. Good luck and always know what she is doing for her sake!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Modeling Agency [ 2 Answers ]

I've just been asked to review our Modeling Operation to determine how to make it more efficient and ensure they have the tools they need. I just want to get my hands on an effective book to help me do some research. We will be benchmarking agencies. But, I wanted to get a head start. Anyone who...

Differences in Japan [ 1 Answers ]

How does Japan differ from its Asian neighbors?

15 year old daughter modeling in Japan? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a married and my wife and I have a 15 year old daughter. We all live together. Unbeknownst to me they visited New York where a modeling agency awarded my daughter a 90 day contract to model in Japan. My wife signed a contract and they already had a passport for my daughter before they...

Japan [ 1 Answers ]

In Japan's Shoguns Reject the West, both historians agree that the shoguns closed Japan to the west: A - To ensure loyalty and maintain the security of the regime. B - To bolster the economy for Japan's merchants. C - To keep out Christianity. D - Fo Fear of immoral influences.

View more questions Search