Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Junction Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2010, 02:39 PM
    Summons for credit card debt, negotiate
    I have been summoned for a defaulted chase credit card debt of 13k. I live in Georgia. Chase sold the debt to the Equable Ascent Financial, LLC Will they negotiate and is there a standard percentage I should offer? My tax man said the banks have received such a boost from recovery that they are under some pressure to settle accounts. I have to respond by the 15th to my summons. Chase also owns my mortgage, which is current. I am not really contesting the debt, other than the 29 percent interest they stuck me with.

Please advise,

Junction
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 13, 2010, 03:03 PM

Do not make any offer at this point. When was the very last payment made on this debt?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 13, 2010, 03:36 PM

If the SOL is not past, and you have money in the bank or a good job they have little reason to settle since they can get a judgement and take the money in the bank and get in GA about 25 percent of each paycheck before you get it.

Actually banks are not doing very well, still too many foreclosures and they are being much more aggressive in filing law suits

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit card debt summons [ 1 Answers ]

I have been served with a summons for non-payment of credit card debt. I admit the debt but am enrolled with a debt solution company who have said that they would negotiate the debt down with the credit card company. My question is how do I answer the sumons.

Summons for credit card debt [ 7 Answers ]

I contacted the lawyers for Capital One who issued me a summons for credit card debt. I offered to settle for the principal balance and they were only going to accept full payment, including interest and court costs. I am going to court to answer the summons today, but first I called the lawyers...

In credit card debt.should I.consolidate?negotiate?eliminate? What is the BEST? [ 1 Answers ]

I am recently divorced and have credit card debts of about $45k. I cannot afford my credit card payments but everything is current by putting myself deeper into debt. It is a cycle I need to STOP! What is the BEST option for me. Online you find debt elimination companies, debt consolidation...

Summons regarding credit card debt [ 2 Answers ]

I hope someone here can help me. I live in West virginia and I received a summons from my local sheriff's office yesterday. It says I am summoned and required to serve upon the plaintiff's attorney within 20 days an answer. The plaintiff is Midland Funding LLC in San Diego, CA. Their attorney...

View more questions Search