Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lloyddonald Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2016, 07:24 PM
    3 amp fuse blowing out on heat pump. ACand fan OK
    Tried new fuses, works well on AC and fan only. Working well this am. Flip to heat and instantly blows fuse. No shorts seen.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2016, 06:40 AM
    " No shorts seen". Obviously there is one if it instantly blows the fuse.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 7, 2016, 08:00 AM
    You need a furnace tech to troubleshoot your furnace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fuse blowing w/addition of AC/Heat Pump to existing Fuel Oil furnace? [ 1 Answers ]

2 days after the installation of a AC/Heat Pump unit onto my existing fuel oil/forced air furnace (during the AC season), the 20amp screw-in fuse on the side of the furnace blew. The installer returned with a slow blow 20 amp fuse and this worked fine for the remainder of the hot weather AC season...

Payne heat pump blowing fuse. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Payne Heat Pump which blows the 5 amp fuse in the heat cycle. Sometimes it will run for a couple hours before it blows. Any ideas?

A/c keeps blowing a 3 amp fuse on my furnace. Heat works fine. [ 9 Answers ]

My a/c keeps blowing the 3 amp fuse on my furnace. I tried the heat on the furnace and it works just fine. However, when I switch to the a/c, it blows the 3 amp fuse immediately. N ever had a problem with the a/c in the last 10 years and now I have this problem.

Heat Pump blows 5amp fuse when switching between defrost & back to heat. Them Heat work [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Heat Pump System. It’s about 5 years old and has functioned OK until this Christmas Eve. One problem is the condensing unit is not kicking back on after it goes into defrost mode. I found a 5AMP fuse blown in the attic unit and once replaced it functioned. At least for a day or two...

Carrier keeps blowing 5 amp fuse in heat setting [ 2 Answers ]

Crappier... er... Carrier Unit has blown 2 fuses in two days on heat setting. Fuse is in main blower housing. Is this a short? Any ideas? Thanks, Frustrated and Freezing...

View more questions Search