Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    markmcginley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2007, 08:11 AM
    Furnace Blower Issue
    Hi! I am having some issues with my furnace blower.

1) Fan is on "Auto"
    2) Thermostat calls for heat
    3) Green light comes "On" on IPI module and then burner comes "On"
    4) Flame occurs
    5) Blower doesn't come "On". After a while, the burner stops for safety reasons. This issue repeats until the thermostat blower switch is flipped to "On".
    6) When the burner is "On", I switch the blower to "On" and the furnace keeps running until it meets the thermostat setpoint. Then the burner shuts off, but the blower keeps running, because it's on "On" until I turn it off.

Is there some sort of sensor that needs to be replaced? Is it easy enough for me to fix?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Mark
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2007, 10:12 PM
    You have 2 different speeds for the blower motor. The fan on uses a different winding and relay for on than auto. Likely the auto relay is bad, although it could be a problem with the motor windings. If you are not getting power to the blower in auto, it is the relay. Unfortunately, that usually means a new control board.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoe Issue [ 3 Answers ]

I just got new carpet and it is dark so everything shows up on it. I also have a 1 year old and I am annoying clean. I had a sign on my door that said Welcome, please remove shoes upon entering thank you. Everyone who comes to my house takes there shoes off and my mother in law did too, however one...

Sign-in issue [ 2 Answers ]

Not sure if this would go here, so patience is appreciated. My sister-in-law is having problems signing in to messengers and the like. I looked up possible resolutions and found one, but I have been unable to get it going. The resolution was to re-register a series of .dll files, which I did,...

Issue with a former employer... [ 4 Answers ]

I recently decided to change jobs. The company that I left had hired me through an employment service. I signed an agreement at the time to re-imburse the employer 50% of the fee he paid if I left before 12 months. I did indeed leave before 12 months after giving the owner an almost 3-week...

Is this a issue ? [ 7 Answers ]

PC : XP Pro Service pack 2 --------------------------- Start/Run <typed>MSCONFIG Looked in: Win.Ini Programs It shows: ;msconfig Luke.exe=C:\storage\calarkconnect iso\clarkconnect-2.1iso

View more questions Search